Stuck oil filter...

Never heard that one before. If you're referring to the Toyota brand itself, then can't say I agree.
Just kidding. An old mechanic affectionately used the term; he had a name for most car makes. My GTO was a "Ponta-Beak" because of the split grill and bumper.
If you look at my car list, you will see I love Toyotas. I toured the NUMMI plant (now Tesla) 2 times. They made my '93 4WD PU there. And my '65 4-4-2 and my '18 Model 3.

Vise Grip makes one with an adjustable bicycle chain,If you can get the room to get this on and tight,I believe it will break it loose

AC Delco filter is stuck. Like a dummy I was rushing during the last change between work meetings and forgot to lube the gasket, never again. The exhaust is in the way so I can't get much torque on the wrench. I tried using a small hammer on the end of the wrench and the plastic adapter almost striped. There isn't enough space to get a longer handle either. Any ideas??

AC Delco filter is stuck. Like a dummy I was rushing during the last change between work meetings and forgot to lube the gasket, never again. The exhaust is in the way so I can't get much torque on the wrench. I tried using a small hammer on the end of the wrench and the plastic adapter almost striped. There isn't enough space to get a longer handle either. Any ideas??
good old fashion strap wrench u can find real cheap at any auto parts. Get the one with the hole in the end of the handle. The hole comes in handy if you need some extra leverage like sticking a screw driver in the end. I think I have even seen a few for sale in some Walmarts. I have several around the house and shop.

This has gotten them off every time! this size works for most cars they make a larger size one if you need it

Motivx Tools Oil Filter Removal Tool

1678077924495.jpg

Back