Stress Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here used a stress ball to reduce his blood pressure? Anecdotal evidence suggests that squeezing a stress ball 10 times in a row for 3 seconds several times a day, can, over time, lower blood pressure as effectively as an average blood pressure pill, so by about 10 points.

hotwheels

No I use Warfarin for lowering my blood pressure. It lowers the blood pressure by lowering the viscosity. It takes me from SAE 60 all the way down to 0W-20.

Warfarin shoudn't lower your blood pressure. It's an anti-clotting agent, administered to prevent blood clots. Some people take aspirin for the same reason. Don't let your cat scratch you - you will bleed profusely.

hotwheels

It lowers my blood pressure no doubt, but mainly on the systolic pressure.

I'll have a low systolic of 120 with a high diastolic of 80.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
No I use Warfarin for lowering my blood pressure. It lowers the blood pressure by lowering the viscosity. It takes me from SAE 60 all the way down to 0W-20.

Reduce your dosage slightly. 10w30 would be ideal.

Amazingly, I don't get any negative side effects from the Warfarin.

It actually has one positive side effect: blood flows VERY easily.
smile.gif

No, I don't need a ball nor do I need to stuff drugs into my mouth to maintain normal blood pressure. I just eat healthy and get plenty of exercise.

At my last checkup my blood pressure was 128/82.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
No, I don't need a ball nor do I need to stuff drugs into my mouth to maintain normal blood pressure. I just eat healthy and get plenty of exercise.

Squeezing the stress ball actually is exercise which at first raises the blood pressure, then lowers it, just like any other physical exercise. That makes it potentially useful for people who spend a lot of time sitting at their job.

Not sure how old you are, but 128/82 mm Hg is in the prehypertensive 120 -139/80-89 range.

hotwheels

Amazingly, I don't get any negative side effects from the Warfarin.

I do hope you're doing this with a doctor's prescription and under a doctor's care, with regular INR tests at a blood lab.
Warfarin can kill you if your INR number goes too high.

Warfarin kept my mother clot-free for years with no side-effects, but we needed to be careful to watch her INR number, meaning she had to have bloodwork done once a week until a dosage was established, and then once a month thereafter.

The only side-effect for my mother was an increased tendency to bruising, a minor issue.

Well good for you. Some people just have high blood pressure like me since 19 years old, at that time I was thin, young and otherwise healthy.

There's no need to diagnose anything anymore, just support and treat the symptoms with drugs. This will reduce health care costs by cutting down on wasted interactions between patients and healthcare providers and streamline the system.

Living an active healthy lifestyle with good nutrition and some carefully selected supplements and vitamins will do nothing but undermine the system. You cannot possibly be happy if you're not on the right medications.

To reduce your blood pressure, you can start bt reducing stress on your heart. To do that, adding Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) to your daily routine will energize your heart. All heart mitochondria has this element so adding more Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) than the heart uses will add energy and reduce stress without the use of drugs. Chinese Ginseng strengthens the beat of the heart and helps reduce stress on the heart. Siberian Ginseng (is not a true ginseng) improves stamina, decreases heart rate under stress.

You can also improve your blood flow dynamics. Ask your Doctor about addiing krill oil or QUALITY Omega 3 fish oil to your diet or grapeseed extract (cheaper than resveratrol but has the same effect) and Chinese salvia (also known as Dan Shen (Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae) is a blood moving herb.

Ed

Does it markedly improve your cold start ability?

Originally Posted By: Ed_Flecko
To reduce your blood pressure, you can start bt reducing stress on your heart. To do that, adding Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) to your daily routine will energize your heart. All heart mitochondria has this element so adding more Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) than the heart uses will add energy and reduce stress without the use of drugs. Chinese Ginseng strengthens the beat of the heart and helps reduce stress on the heart. Siberian Ginseng (is not a true ginseng) improves stamina, decreases heart rate under stress.

You can also improve your blood flow dynamics. Ask your Doctor about addiing krill oil or QUALITY Omega 3 fish oil to your diet or grapeseed extract (cheaper than resveratrol but has the same effect) and Chinese salvia (also known as Dan Shen (Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae) is a blood moving herb.

Ed

You're talking common sense and preventive medicine. Instead of adding krill your doctor would probably prefer to prescribe a pill. There's no patient on krill and the markup represents competition in the market place.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels

Squeezing the stress ball actually is exercise which at first raises the blood pressure, then lowers it, just like any other physical exercise. That makes it potentially useful for people who spend a lot of time sitting at their job.

Not sure how old you are, but 128/82 mm Hg is in the prehypertensive 120 -139/80-89 range.

hotwheels

I would not imagine that with all that healthy living and eating that Pop's blood pressure would be higher than normal.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
Originally Posted By: hotwheels

hotwheels

I would not imagine that with all that healthy living and eating that Pop's blood pressure would be higher than normal.

It's probably way higher than normal when posting. Besides, even hypertension is nornal when considering its prevalence.

I was asking about the stress ball, because some of my patients, most of whom are bedridden, swear by using a stress ball and claim it lowers their blood pressure. For them it's, beside trips to the bathroom and sitting at the edge of the bed, and if they are lucky some physical therapy, the only means of exercice they get. I have asked doctors and physical therapists about the use of a stress ball, but none of them would commit to either dismissing or acknowledging the benefits of using the ball. The most common opinion was that it wouldn't hurt. I was simply interested in some first-hand experiences. That my topic triggered some diatribes instead is regrettable, but thanks for everyone's participation anyway.

hotwheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back