Straight 30 weight in my Pathfinder?

Got 5 quarts of HD-30 from a coworker. Any reason I couldn't run it in my Pathfinder for an OCI? I usually run 5w30 or 10w30 in it.

It's daily driven and it's been 105+ degrees outside lately so cold start temperature shouldn't be a problem.

Obviously I wouldn't consider doing this in the winter, but for the summer I'd be okay right?
What part of Idaho? If your next change is before November go for it. Otherwise I'd do the 5w-30 and use the HD-30 first thing in say April.

Heck, I ran SAE 40 Pennzoil from 1968 with “Z-7” additive in my 09’ Camry shortly after I bought it in 2016. Never a issue

Heck, I ran SAE 40 Pennzoil from 1968 with “Z-7” additive in my 09’ Camry shortly after I bought it in 2016. Never a issue
You wouldn't still have a can of that leftover you'd be willing to part with do you? Or even an empty? I have some nice steel Quaker State cans I'd be willing to trade.

What part of Idaho? If your next change is before November go for it. Otherwise I'd do the 5w-30 and use the HD-30 first thing in say April.
Lewiston Idaho. 100+ degrees in the summer but negative temps in the winter.

That's funny I'm currently running Amoco Gold API SH 5w30 conventional. No issues with old oil.

Back