STP vs ZDD Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own Buick Turbo T, and have been using Zdd plus for at least 2 years, as we sell auto parts I took some into stock and we are now pleased to say we are the Leading Canadian Reseller. So I am happy to say that we use it and sell it, and have not had anyone mention anything other than how pleased they are with the product. It's important to note that any car older than 1989 should be using an oil additive. We have tried to cram as much information onto our web site as possible ZddPlus Oil Additive http://www.autopartscanadaonline.ca/zddplus-oil-additives/, if you check it out you will see a couple of video's and Laboratory test results graph from AutoSound in 2000. Hope this helps you guys.
Happy driving
Greg

Originally Posted By: autojobber
I own Buick Turbo T, and have been using Zdd plus for at least 2 years, as we sell auto parts I took some into stock and we are now pleased to say we are the Leading Canadian Reseller. So I am happy to say that we use it and sell it, and have not had anyone mention anything other than how pleased they are with the product. It's important to note that any car older than 1989 should be using an oil additive. We have tried to cram as much information onto our web site as possible ZddPlus Oil Additive http://www.autopartscanadaonline.ca/zddplus-oil-additives/, if you check it out you will see a couple of video's and Laboratory test results graph from AutoSound in 2000. Hope this helps you guys.
Happy driving
Greg

WHOA! Older than 89 needs a zddp additive.
The only additives that go into my oil are lubro-moly mos2,cera-tec and their motor oil saver.
You guys may have a great product there but to make a blanket statement like that I'm just gonna warn you,here it will be challenged and you are gonna have to provide actual data,not some consumers anecdote to get any traction here.
Get your flame suit on cause the fires are lightin

Well Clevy, it's not us at Auto Parts Canada Online that make the claim about zddplus, it's zddplus that are claiming that.

This is what part of the article says.."It has been proven that the addition of ZDDP helps to protect the engine by developing a film on cams and flat contact points to shield from extreme pressure and heat at the contact point. This film protects the base metal of the cam and lifter from wear. During normal service, ZDDP becomes phosphorus and zinc compounds, thus the ZDDP depletes. Studies have shown that a certain level of ZDDP is required or else depending on the extent of use of the engine, at around 3000 miles of operation, give or take 1000; ZDDP levels can drop below adequate levels and cease to provide protection like it should. “According to the SAE Tech Bulletin # 770087 [1] , operation of a flat tappet engine without adequate EP additives such as ZDDP quickly leads to lifter foot scuffing and cam lobe wear. Camshafts are typically only surface hardened leaving the core ductile for strength”. The experts say that once the cam lobe wear is up to 0.0002, the degradation that follows is fast and usually disastrous."

You can read the complete article here: Zddplus Oil Additives Zddplus Oil Additives

All I am saying is that as a Classic car owner I use it in both my cars and have done for years, as an owner of a car parts store I recommend it, based on my own personal experience....I really hope I do not need to "Get your flame suit on cause the fires are lightin".

I do believe that Zddplus has some more facts on there site. But of course I can not say exactly where they get them from.

I very much appreciate your point of view, and thank you.

I use ZDDPlus in every IC motor I own, but only at 1/2 the suggested treatment rate---so---1 or 2 ounces max in a 5 qt sump. OPE gets the same 1/2 recommended dosage. So far no probs whatsoever, and I bet I have the best looking Honda K24 lobes on the board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back