Stored Vette and SuperTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
cool.gif
Sent to me by a friend who is having trouble signing up to BITOG:

I have a Corvette with Mobil 1 that has sat all winter without being started. The oil is over a year old, but has less that 1,000 miles on it. I'd like opinions on if the oil is still good still, or has condensation (or the like) ruined the characteristics?

A second question is who actually makes the SuperTech oil, and what's the verdict on it?

cool.gif
I told him to change out the M1, keep using full syn and change it once a year.
I don't know what's in or who makes ST oil.
dunno.gif

I'd love to see that guy do an oil analysis on his oil before he decides to dump it. I have a friend who only drives his Mustang about 2k a year, and he only changes the oil every 18-24 months.

My question to him is how he can only drive his Vette 1000 miles per year. When I get mine I'll be driving it 1k every 2 weeks!
smile.gif

I would probably change out the oil at once a year intervals.

I have a car I store for a few months at a time and one thing I do is to disable the ignition and turn the engine over till I get the oil pressure light go off. The oil does drain down and I did notice that when I changed the oil filter (and oil) when it had sat that the oil filter was completely empty of oil.

Unfortunately I have to change my oil every six months even if I don't drive the car to comply with the warranty.

"Patman
Member # 6 posted July 15, 2004 03:13 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd love to see that guy do an oil analysis on his oil before he decides to dump it. I have a friend who only drives his Mustang about 2k a year, and he only changes the oil every 18-24 months.

My question to him is how he can only drive his Vette 1000 miles per year. When I get mine I'll be driving it 1k every 2 weeks! "

Here is an example of low miles and same oil for 1 yr. Amsoil says change 3 times manufacturer change reco or 1 yr. The lab says the oil is still good to use and to re-sample.

http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=001705

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back