StopRite Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
My buddy needs pads for his GMT800 and i do most of his work for him.. he is looking at StopRite pads from NAPA.. never heard of them or seen them.. They are cheap $28/set so im skeptical for him. Not sure if they are Ceramic.

Part number is SR SR785 on napaonline

thoughts?

would recommend ebay, there are no name brake retailers. Some have over 100000 positive reviews.

Running them on both my cars no squeaks at all. Squeeks are usually an installation error, or the slide pins not moving.

If you're buying on price alone, then buy the mid-grade or upper grade pad. My experience with the cheapest solution is that they simply don't last, especially if the driver is even remotely aggressive in their driving habits.

If you're looking for a quality pad at a reasonable price, then choose a name brand, mid-range pad.

Originally Posted by JustinH
would recommend ebay, there are no name brake retailers. Some have over 100000 positive reviews.

Running them on both my cars no squeaks at all. Squeeks are usually an installation error, or the slide pins not moving.

That's my take too and what I buy for my own vehicles If I've got a week or so to wait for the parts to come in. I think it cost something ridiculously cheap for no name eBay rear pads and rotors for our 2016 Nissan Quest. $44 all in for EVERYTHING shipped and they've been awesome.

There's so many variables between vehicles, driving habits and conditions to say they'd be great for everyone, but you could say that for any brand brake parts. I would not install eBay or Amazon cheapies for someone else unless they specifically requested I do.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Even the AC Delco Advantage ceramic pads are only $24.

I highly recommend those pads.
thumbsup2.gif

Not my money, not my truck. I use Raybestos EHT on mine but he (like many of my friends) just buy pads from brick and mortars. From what i can tell AC Delco doesnt make their own pads either. My Raybestos top of the line EHT were made in China and from what i can tell so are the AC Delcos.

On Napas website on each product there is a Safety Data Sheet that tells where each pad was made.

Premium- New World Friction- Canada
Ultra Premium- Akebono- Japan
Proformer- Shandong Gold Phoenix- China
Adaptive Ones- Shandong Gold Phoenix- China
StopRite- Borui Brake System Co. - China

I dont see such info on any of the other vendors sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back