Stolen truck found on side of highway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I was at work last night and when I went to leave work my truck was missing. Police calls made blah blah blah long story short my truck was found stripped.

I will post pics when my truck gets back to the yard.

I guess I am lucky as I was just going to sink some major cash into upgrades.

Sorry to hear about this. I know it is a PITA and will end up costing you money in the long run but try not to let it get you down. Good luck

I HATE THIEVES AND LAW BREAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I'm glad that you got your truck back, at least.

If I become rich some day, I will purposely buy a souped up Tahoe, install LO-JACK, and leave it in a vulnerable area. I want to catch bad guys without joining the Police force.

My dream is to be a police officer or Sheriff, but dang, my self-confidence is wack.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Popinski
I HATE THIEVES AND LAW BREAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
I want to catch bad guys without joining the Police force.

Vigilantism is against the law. Place yourself under citizen's arrest immediately, turn yourself in & demand maximum punishment to the fullest extent of all local, state & federal laws.
grin2.gif

evandostert, I hope your insurance covers everything. I had a car stolen once by the Atlanta Police (who claimed it was parked illegally, but that's up for debate). It'll make your heart sink, but remember - it's only a truck. It can be replaced.

i heard about this scam that is becoming popular, they steal a car, strip it , leave the body/chassis somewhere, then it gets impounded, insurance pays out then whats left gets auctioned off for either scrap or what ever parts are left, the person who stole it/stripped it will buy it (typically for under $500) then put all the parts they stripped off it back on and own it legally.

i know this isn't about me, i don't want to hijack your thread but i'd like to tell you what happened to me a few years ago. i had spent about a year restoring a 75 280z, it was sweet, had the euro bumpers, painter it red with 2 white comp strips, and everything was new.i had been driving it for about 3 weeks. at this time i was still young and living at home. in the morning my mom came into my room and asked where i had left my car, i responded "in the driveway", to which she responded "well it's not there".the car was missing for some time, then they tried to stop the guy that had it due to the plates coming back to a ford ranger. her ran, cops chased for about an hour, her wrecked it, i went to impound to see what was left, it was primer, all the new interior was ripped out, it was horrible, it was so badly wrecked that the pass. front tire was off the ground in a level lot.of course i could not get full coverage on a car that old so i was just out. so i went to his sentencing a few months later, after i said my peace he got to say his, he asked the judge for Mercy do to having a drug problem, the judge told him he was'nt in the business of mercy, he was in the business of justice, so he then gave him the max on every and all charges against him and also gave me $6K restitution which would become a condition of his parole when he got out of prison, so 4 years go by (time of his prison sentence) and literally the day i started wondering when or if i would see any money i see a picture of the guy that stole my car on the front page of the newspaper, he had stolen another car, ran from the police again,wrecked the car again, but this time he was killed! so needless to say i never saw a dime.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mopar_monkey
i know this isn't about me, i don't want to hijack your thread but i'd like to tell you what happened to me a few years ago. i had spent about a year restoring a 75 280z, it was sweet, had the euro bumpers, painter it red with 2 white comp strips, and everything was new.i had been driving it for about 3 weeks. at this time i was still young and living at home. in the morning my mom came into my room and asked where i had left my car, i responded "in the driveway", to which she responded "well it's not there".the car was missing for some time, then they tried to stop the guy that had it due to the plates coming back to a ford ranger. her ran, cops chased for about an hour, her wrecked it, i went to impound to see what was left, it was primer, all the new interior was ripped out, it was horrible, it was so badly wrecked that the pass. front tire was off the ground in a level lot.of course i could not get full coverage on a car that old so i was just out. so i went to his sentencing a few months later, after i said my peace he got to say his, he asked the judge for Mercy do to having a drug problem, the judge told him he was'nt in the business of mercy, he was in the business of justice, so he then gave him the max on every and all charges against him and also gave me $6K restitution which would become a condition of his parole when he got out of prison, so 4 years go by (time of his prison sentence) and literally the day i started wondering when or if i would see any money i see a picture of the guy that stole my car on the front page of the newspaper, he had stolen another car, ran from the police again,wrecked the car again, but this time he was killed! so needless to say i never saw a dime.

Man,thats some real grief their. Most people that have crimes commited against them never see a dime.

Originally Posted By: lexus114

Man,thats some real grief their. Most people that have crimes commited against them never see a dime.

ya, i know, that's why i was glad the judge made it part of his parole, if i wasn't paid by the time his parole was over it would be considered a parole violation and he would go back to jail. of course he didn't last that long.

Well I am totally out for the 10k in aftermarket parts alone. Never mind how perfect the truck was waxed washed well cared for babied it's whole life.

I've been through this myself, with the same results. I try not to get too attached to my vehicles anymore, save myself some grief. The alternative is to have your extra valuable vehicle appraised regularly and insure it for stated value.

I thought the passkey theft system made these vehicles about impossible to steal short of loading it on a tow truck. What year is it?

Wow that is some story. It is bad enough to get a plain stock car stolen, but another to get a vehicle you worked on or a classic stolen.

ya, i know, that's why i was glad the judge made it part of his parole, if i wasn't paid by the time his parole was over it would be considered a parole violation and he would go back to jail. of course he didn't last that long.

I know this is absolutely heartless, but the satisfaction of knowing the [censored] got killed in the end performing another crime would be good enough for me.

I'd rest easy after that.

it's complete b/s but i figured out after my z got stolen that you never make your car look special in anyway, if people admire your car eventually someone will want it. you should be able to do what ever you want and not have to worry about someone taking what is not theirs, but in a society that protects criminals more then victims these things will continue to happen.

Originally Posted By: addyguy

I know this is absolutely heartless, but the satisfaction of knowing the [censored] got killed in the end performing another crime would be good enough for me.

I'd rest easy after that.

well it was mixed, i took out a loan to restore the car and had to pay on it for 4 yrs after the car was stolen, oh and i had to buy another car which i had to make payments on, so i really needed the money.besides i would have rather done it myself ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back