stock market

Ive taken some profits over the past month. I do believe next year will have problems.
^^^ I think you did a smart thing and honestly SERIOUSLY considered the same last month but complacency and a busy schedule I decided to hang in there for one more run that may never happen or may happen, who the heck knows.

Ive been in this situation before over the last two years or so and always hung in there, its worked out well for me but I just can't get over this feeling that ... I just dont know.
The market is not life or death for me or make or break, majority of my holdings are in real estate for many decades now but I would feel a sting if the market tanks right now to the point that it would be upsetting.

The stock market started out as a fun thing on and off over decades but now after the gains I want to hold onto them *LOL* in my funds account I did make a small move of 1/3rd into a global fund, thinking and hoping as the virus subsides overseas things will get a bit of a kickstart... or maybe at least the promise of it.
In my risker individual speculative account the dip the other week bothered me a little bit.

Even though I am fully invested, my gut says and I feel much like you. I think the future has real issues next year and years following with our insatiable appetite for debt. We are living in a bubble, funded by government debt/money printing. Yeah... so is the rest of the world... except our arch enemy who we buy everything from is in pretty darn good shape..

When you take and flip 6 digits daily it gets serious real quick. Especially on turds like Lemonade. My buddy took $89k from MPLX in two months.
He went on to hit the rest of big oil and scored just as big.
And he is a rank amateur on Robin hood.

Then you have those that flip BRK.A daily too. That to me is serious especially on the hood...lol
Short term gains kill me in Federal Income Taxes. I just don't get the youz flipper guyz...

Last edited:
Let me start with "I do not believe in trying to time the market". Repeat 3 times.
But the wife says to pull a lot of cash out of stocks in the next 2 months. If she is right and I don't, I'll get to hear about it weekly for the rest of my life. Ok, maybe monthly as she isn't a nag. If she is wrong and I do it, I'm out a few grand and I'll sleep better anyway. Plus I'll take all the capital gains I can this year in anticipation of possible tax law changes.

Let me start with "I do not believe in trying to time the market". Repeat 3 times.
But the wife says to pull a lot of cash out of stocks in the next 2 months. If she is right and I don't, I'll get to hear about it weekly for the rest of my life. Ok, maybe monthly as she isn't a nag. If she is wrong and I do it, I'm out a few grand and I'll sleep better anyway. Plus I'll take all the capital gains I can this year in anticipation of possible tax law changes.
I think she is a smart lady.
I'll steal a stock if it comes my way but won't pay up. These times are dangerous...

When you take and flip 6 digits daily it gets serious real quick. Especially on turds like Lemonade. My buddy took $89k from MPLX in two months.
He went on to hit the rest of big oil and scored just as big.
And he is a rank amateur on Robin hood.

Then you have those that flip BRK.A daily too. That to me is serious especially on the hood...lol
Are you making 6 digits or just buying 6 digits worth? I've been up and down 5 digits on a daily basis depending on how crazy the market is. A normal day is just 3 or 4 digits.

Are you making 6 digits or just buying 6 digits worth? I've been up and down 5 digits on a daily basis depending on how crazy the market is. A normal day is just 3 or 4 digits.
We basically do the same but I flip and don't hold for too long unless stuck.

I have been down 5 digits many times on penny stocks like NAK, NAKD, TYME, VBIV, Hexo, and many more only to hold and profit 5 digits.

Now I usually buy in the $11 to $70 range. ( MPLX, MRO, VLO, etc.)
But I do like muscling penny stocks too.

When Tesla was spreading $70 a day I was in it and got out before it tanked awhile back. Did good on it.
Bought at 6 digits but in flipping unless the great sea parted you are not going to get a 6 digit profit short term.
that is a given. ( days)

Come on Jeff Tesla...lol
Bless me with 50 million quid in trade profit and i promise I will not complain about trivial stuff like taxes....😁
Profit is profit, I guess. But paying well over 6 figures in Federal Income Tax....
IS A GREAT PROBLEM TO HAVE!!!!!

Come on Jeff Tesla...lol
Bless me with 50 million quid in trade profit and i promise I will not complain about trivial stuff like taxes....😁
It really boils down to risk vs reward.

For the same risk "superposition" on top of each other (which is what short term vs long term is), paying short term vs long term capital gain tax can add up to something for nothing. In high tax states like California it can be quite a bit.

Which is also a reason why I noticed people in high tax states prefer growth stock instead of dividend stock, but opposite for no income tax state like Texas.

For the same risk "superposition" on top of each other (which is what short term vs long term is), paying short term vs long term capital gain tax can add up to something for nothing. In high tax states like California it can be quite a bit.

Which is also a reason why I noticed people in high tax states prefer growth stock instead of dividend stock, but opposite for no income tax state like Texas.
And over the long term, magical things can happen. Nothing wrong with dividend checks, however.
I love those big tax burden years. Period; end of story.

Yep. Risk vs reward.

Ive taken some profits over the past month. I do believe next year will have problems.

^^^ I think you did a smart thing and honestly SERIOUSLY considered the same last month but complacency and a busy schedule I decided to hang in there for one more run that may never happen or may happen, who the heck knows.

Ive been in this situation before over the last two years or so and always hung in there, its worked out well for me but I just can't get over this feeling that ... I just dont know.
The market is not life or death for me or make or break, majority of my holdings are in real estate for many decades now but I would feel a sting if the market tanks right now to the point that it would be upsetting.

The stock market started out as a fun thing on and off over decades but now after the gains I want to hold onto them *LOL* in my funds account I did make a small move of 1/3rd into a global fund, thinking and hoping as the virus subsides overseas things will get a bit of a kickstart... or maybe at least the promise of it.
In my risker individual speculative account the dip the other week bothered me a little bit.

Even though I am fully invested, my gut says and I feel much like you. I think the future has real issues next year and years following with our insatiable appetite for debt. We are living in a bubble, funded by government debt/money printing. Yeah... so is the rest of the world... except our arch enemy who we buy everything from is in pretty darn good shape..

alarmguy,

Financially I’m in a very good place and was fortunate the last 10+ years with this crazy manipulated market run up. There’s really no need to increase my balances any more, I’ve got enough in the gas tank to make it to the finish line and have zero worries financially.

Last edited:
Financially I’m in a very good place and was fortunate the last 10+ years with this crazy manipulated market run up. There’s really no need to increase my balances any more, I’ve got enough in the gas tank to make it to the finish line and have zero worries financially.
You've done very well, Dave. Good for you!
Last couple of days have been interesting, huh? Interesting, yes, but in the big scheme of things I could care less.

TSLA is so tempting today. I don't think i can go for it. 100 shares would be too much and i like to be able to sell options on my shares.

Might have shot myself in the foot here but i sold put $1000 strike on Tesla, 1 contract yielding $2500 expiring Friday. Free money if it bounces back but it will lock up a lot of funds till then.

Was just talking with a coworker when stock trading came up he said that he spends hours analyzing stocks every night. Asked him what is his favorite stock today.... LCID was his answer. Cannot argue with that chart over the past month, does it still have legs?

Was just talking with a coworker when stock trading came up he said that he spends hours analyzing stocks every night. Asked him what is his favorite stock today.... LCID was his answer. Cannot argue with that chart over the past month, does it still have legs?
Bought the recent LCID dip, $16 a share pre market. I got in the shower, and by the time i had gotten out i had sold it for $17. Not bad for like 15 minutes but i wish i held it longer. (Trade date Sept 1st 2021)

Bought the recent LCID dip, $16 a share pre market. I got in the shower, and by the time i had gotten out i had sold it for $17. Not bad for like 15 minutes but i wish i held it longer. (Trade date Sept 1st 2021)

You sold for a 7%gain, then taxes?

Back