stock market

I don’t know which pharmaceutical company will make the best Covid vaccines..... but I bought some PILL 3X bull pharmaceutical ETF shortly after the outbreak last March.

I’ve said before I don’t really don’t pick many stocks (except TFAANG) and just stick to ETFs.

Lots of quality ETFs out there and all you really need is 4 or 5.

Last edited:
I do like the low cost index funds... But
The last 5 years I have been doing a lot of...

FOCPX and MSEGX

and they have been KILLING IT compared to SP500 indexes...

Stimulus checks will definitely help these markets.

Lots of hungry people need that $$$$$

Stimulus checks will definitely help these markets.

Lots of hungry people need that $$$$$
It feels like another stimulus is currently being priced in on a daily basis. 7 green days in a row. I haven't been following markets last year during the v recovery but that's the first time I'm seeing such a strike. Guess the day it becomes official sell off begins. But I have to say, current nonsense vloatily is a blessing for some but personally drives me nuts. Some no-name stocks run 500% in a single trading day while other great companies completely sell off whole posting record earnings and fantastic future plans. Go figure. Trading anxiety is real. Or should I say unreal

I don’t know which pharmaceutical company will make the best Covid vaccines..... but I bought some PILL 3X bull pharmaceutical ETF shortly after the outbreak last March.

I’ve said before I don’t really don’t pick many stocks (except TFAANG) and just stick to ETFs.

Lots of quality ETFs out there and all you really need is 4 or 5.

What you also don't know is which ones will have massive "oopses" or if any will. It's near impossible to make a decision based on fact and good odds, there. My strategy has just been to invest in oil. You can select a company with a clean balance sheet and good data moving forward, and COVID+RUSSIA/OPEN+Tech Bubble has CRUSHED stick prices for even healthy and cashflow positive small cap oil. I am currently up by about 169% over the past year using this method, with a lot of runway left. GME, AMC, UONKE, GNUS, DOGE, those are all emotional plays with zero logical basis, and emotions are very very fickle. Some millionaires were created overnight, but you could just as easily lose a lot, too.

Didn't a lot of people get a stimulus check a couple months ago? Are they already talking about ANOTHER one?
Been talking about another one for a while--actually, I think they started talking about another round right after the checks go out.

It has been a long term upset to, well, life for a great deal of people.

Didn't a lot of people get a stimulus check a couple months ago? Are they already talking about ANOTHER one?
Haven't you been paying attention? It's the reason that the stock market keeps marching up lately, they think the new 1.9 trillion package will boost the economy. I think the checks are something like 422 billion on that 1.9 trillion. I think they're talking about something by mid March so it won't be like the last time where they talked about it for months but didn't do anything for a long time.

Hard to say what happens afterwards. Lots of chatter that the market was going to drop around the election and it's been up since. Now the chatter is that the market is in a bubble and will probably drop afterward that bill goes through. Who knows. There's always money to be made by saying the market is going to go down although historically it's always been up in the long term.

Haven't you been paying attention? It's the reason that the stock market keeps marching up lately, they think the new 1.9 trillion package will boost the economy. I think the checks are something like 422 billion on that 1.9 trillion. I think they're talking about something by mid March so it won't be like the last time where they talked about it for months but didn't do anything for a long time.

Hard to say what happens afterwards. Lots of chatter that the market was going to drop around the election and it's been up since. Now the chatter is that the market is in a bubble and will probably drop afterward that bill goes through. Who knows. There's always money to be made by saying the market is going to go down although historically it's always been up in the long term.
I got a check for $7.50 a while back around November or so and thought that was it? I don't really pay attention to what they do with my tax money, I almost just don't even want to know.

Economy is in shambles. Expect regular stimulus checks every few months.

7 Trillion will be pumped into economy this year the way things are going. Money can be created out of nowhere.....

MJO is another 2X leveraged Cannabis ETF that I put some money in.

7 Trillion will be pumped into economy this year the way things are going. Money can be created out of nowhere.....

Let's quote this for posterity and see what happens in 6 months. Predicting the future is hard. No data for additional stimulus checks, no data exists for additional stimulus beyond 1.9 trillion already in the works. They hope that will happen in March, all these projections take time.

Economy may be in shambles but most people don't realize that the stock market doesn't represent the economy it's basically all the large caps that are moving up and they're the ones cleaning up while the rest of the economy is in shambles.

I should write down the date whenever someone predicts a drop--wild guess, if I wanted to look, I could find one person and/or article predicting a looming disaster every day. I see a few per month, and that's without even looking.

Now if I could just figure out this Roth IRA thing, keep calling but they're busy. *sigh* No luck setting up on my own, have to resort to calling.

Wolf,

Yes , I’m aware stock market doesn’t represent economy in the USA.

All I know is lots of Americans are barely making it week to week and need that stimulus.

Don‘t forget the tire pressure gauge being off by 10 PSI. As an engineer, you know precise calculations are VERY important and being off by 30-40% means the data is worthless.

Last edited:
Wolf,

All I know is lots of Americans are barely making it week to week and need that stimulus.

Don‘t forget the tire pressure gauge being off by 10 PSI. As an engineer, you know precise calculations are VERY important and being off by 30-40% means the data is worthless.
While all that may be true, your attempts to tie it all together doesn't logically follow. There are other crazy things like Gamestop going on.

But let's move onto physics, Bell's Inequality basically says that the universe is random. You won't have much luck predicting randomness.

This is so lame. I'm tired of funding everyone. That money is created from people like me who pay taxes.

That money is created from people like me who pay taxes.
That's before the Nixon shock when USD is backed by gold. These days it is a number the Fed generated and then transferred to the banks and then transferred to everywhere else in the world or locally buying up the Treasury note.

It is actually paid for by people holding the Treasury note and USD, which, half of them are oversea. Your tax is really not that big of a deal or fraction of it. If you are lucky you just pay the interest of the printed portion of it.

That's before the Nixon shock when USD is backed by gold. These days it is a number the Fed generated and then transferred to the banks and then transferred to everywhere else in the world or locally buying up the Treasury note.

It is actually paid for by people holding the Treasury note and USD, which, half of them are oversea. Your tax is really not that big of a deal or fraction of it. If you are lucky you just pay the interest of the printed portion of it.
Is this legal advice? :p

Wolf,

I cant agree with that. Americans are so used to living in luxury that they do not know what its like to not have 100+ channels on their TVs, Multiple smart devices including expensive phones and service plans, car loans for vehicles they can not pay for.
There is soooooo much fat in American society, in more ways then one.
The problem is, with all this stimulus will bring the economy to its knees for a decade in the future and that is only if we stop borrowing money to make believe things are ok.

I cant agree with that. Americans are so used to living in luxury that they do not know what its like to not have 100+ channels on their TVs, Multiple smart devices including expensive phones and service plans, car loans for vehicles they can not pay for.
There is soooooo much fat in American society, in more ways then one.
The problem is, with all this stimulus will bring the economy to its knees for a decade in the future and that is only if we stop borrowing money to make believe things are ok.
Yup. It's going to cause issue for sure.

Back