sticker removal on trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a 2008 Ford Taurus. On the trunk lid the dealer put a sticker that I would like to remove, if it is possible to do so without damaging the paint. The sticker appears to be of the metal foil type. I am thinking of using a hair dryer to heat the area and try to peel the sticker away. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Terry

I would take it back to the Dealer and have THEM remove it. (if it was recently put on) Thats what I did on both my VW and Subaru. That way any paint damage is on them.....JMO

Last edited:
Using a hair dryer to warm the sticker is a good first choice.

Use fingernails (if you have any) to pick at it and peel it away, or an old credit card as a scraper.

Just take your time, and don't get too rough.

You might have an issue with paint fade. The paint may be a different color under the sticker, although I'd hope not after just 3-4 years.

It won't be vary hard. Some mineral spirits or WD40 would help with the glue residue. If the car was sold to a new dealer they would have a first day minimum wage employee pull this sticker and apply their own. It's not rocket science.

Goo-Off or a similar name will get rid of the glue residue. They also sell a decal removed for boats. You may have to start pulling it off and keep spraying stuff as more and more comes off.

I assume we are talking a metal stick on? The dealer was not brainless enough to drill holes?

Originally Posted By: Donald
I assume we are talking a metal stick on? The dealer was not brainless enough to drill holes?

That's what the local Cadillac/Oldsmobile dealer used to do... Two holes.

I know one of the guys who used to drill the holes and install the dealer name tag. He loved getting to drill holes in a brand new Cadillac.

OK, I used the hair dryer and it worked great. Took about 30 seconds and the sticker peeled off, didn't even leave any goo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back