Stash rebuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. When I moved to Alberta I was forced to leave my 100+ litre stash behind. I estimate there were hundreds of dollars in savings in that stash cause I never bought anything unless it was dirt cheap. This dealt a significant blow to my psyche and for two years I was not interested in oil at all. But recently I started collecting again. I'm up to about 70 litres now. Here is my little stash.

CIMG1710.jpg

CIMG1711.jpg

CIMG1712.jpg

Originally Posted By: electrolover
what happened to the old oil? can you get it back? tell me its in a storage somewhere waiting on you!!

I gave it all away to friends and family who change their own oil.

Looks like you're going to have some trouble getting into that Freezer if you store the oil on top of it. You're going to need some shelves or another location to make it easy to get the meat...and the oil.

I must say I do not understand the psychology of collecting a "stash" of oil. But we are guys and we can come to a web site like this and spend time and feel good about doing these things.

How many of us when confronted by a simple home repair go to home depot, buy some tools to get the job done, a tool box to hold them and a john deer tractor to haul the stuff into the garaage and spend all day working on it. If our wives had to do it they would call a handyman for $100 dollars. We have the knowledge that we are prepared again as comfort. I am guily here but don't have a John Deere tractor yet..

I recommend folks buy $1000 of Conoco Philips (COP). It yields 3.1% right now. use that as your stash and then buy a couple jugs of your favorite oil with the proceeds. You own your stash in crude stock and always get fresh oil. Plus COP may go up.

Anyway that is my .02. Thanls for all the info here I like to come and hang out, have learned a lot.

Originally Posted By: Warlord
Hey all. When I moved to Alberta I was forced to leave my 100+ litre stash behind. I estimate there were hundreds of dollars in savings in that stash cause I never bought anything unless it was dirt cheap. This dealt a significant blow to my psyche and for two years I was not interested in oil at all. But recently I started collecting again. I'm up to about 70 litres now. Here is my little stash.

CIMG1710.jpg

CIMG1711.jpg

CIMG1712.jpg

liquor+cabinet.jpg

Awesome. My liquor cabinet is pitiful. Had to stack the oil on the freezer for the pictures. I usually keep it in a closet and can't easily photograph it.

Warlord,

Where the HECK did you get Nemco 0W-30???

Didn't even know the made that grade!

Over here, 'Princess Auto carries a bit of their 5W-30 and 10W-30 dino, and very little bit of their 'old' SL 5W-30 syn.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Warlord,

Over here, 'Princess Auto carries a bit of their 5W-30 and 10W-30 dino, and very little bit of their 'old' SL 5W-30 syn.

I found it at a local oilfield supply store called Gregg Distributors. One interesting thing I noticed is that in small writing by the left hand side it says 0w-40. I asked the cashier and he told me that it was a typo and that it is certainly 0w-30. Might run it in my quad unless I can be sure it's a 30wt.

CIMG1719.jpg

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Looks like you're going to have some trouble getting into that Freezer if you store the oil on top of it. You're going to need some shelves or another location to make it easy to get the meat...and the oil.

Took your advice and purchased a heavy duty resin shelving system to store my now 130 litre+ stash. Anyone else ever stock up on something only to come home and realize you already have way too much? I came home with 20 litres of 2 stroke oil and found that I had already stashed away 25 litres. Totally forgot. It will take 10 years for me to use it all.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Warlord,

Is the stuff any good?
I have some Nemco grease in my grease gun I've been using on my chassis parts. (ball joints, tie rod ends)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back