Starting Auto-RX soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I wrote in a month or two ago about using MMO with my 92 v-6 Grand AM, with what I think is a lifter noise.

Well I was under the hood recently adding a quart of oil and half a pint of transmission fluid, oh and also half a gallon of antifreeze (usual routine now unfortunately) and while the engine was running I heard the tick. I thought it was only happening on the highway, but no, its all the time. I listened close and it seems to be coming from around the fuel rail, where (i think) the fuel injectors are. It could be those too, but I just Regane'd them.

Anyway MMO did not do anything, and quite frankly I'm tired of having it in my crankcase. The car has OCI at 104,000 miles and I'm at 103,330 right now. After I talked to the powers that be (parents) I'm getting Auto-RX soon. I bought Valucraft 10W-30 at $1.11 per quart to use for the clean and rinse phases and I'll be using two bottles ARX.

God I hope it works. It's not cool driving your girlfriend around in a noisy *** car. Or one that smells like maple syrup, or one that just smells like burning in general (when i get out of the car after driving a while). Love the car and the engine from what I've read is an iron horse. ARX will be my savior.

The 2.8/3.1s are known for valvetrain noise. I don't think it's the lifters, but it may be worth a shot. I don't think it affects the life of the engine, it's just annoying.

-T

hah, oh man, that means i have to find some OTHER way to kill the car. hmm. we'll see. even if it doesnt stop the noise there's definetly something to gain from ARX anyway.

I'll have a tough time getting the old man to help finance a FI job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back