Starfire 10w30HD CK-4/SN VOA

Have been running this in my fleet of diesel/gas vehicles about a year with great results. Most of the diesel trucks are ISL 9.0 Cummins which spec 15w40 or 10w30 for fuel economy. Originally purchased as a lower cost one oil for all vehicles solution as it’s gas rated too. So far so good. Wear numbers in the diesel engines are as good or lower than with 15w40. No real fuel savings due to our designed usage but pretty cost effective.
IMG_0594.jpeg

Not sure where they buy their base oils. Added it to the Diesel VOA list HERE. I'm assuming the lab was WIX possibly GA location?
ALS tribology was the lab used. The service is through Chevron lubewatch and they did recently move to the lab in Georgia. The lab was in Ohio but due to the new zinc trends in HDEO samples, the equipment is better suited to handle the samples in the GA lab.

Either. It’s ironic a car called a Starfire from years ago would run well on a modern oil called Starfire.
It’s also coincidence the two are around at the same time.

Not sure where they buy their base oils. Added it to the Diesel VOA list HERE. I'm assuming the lab was WIX possibly GA location?
I spoke to Starfire technical support about another product application this week. While on the phone I asked about the oxidation number and base oil used. He didn’t say who it was from but confirmed that the synthetic blend HDEO is group 3 and group 2+. I feel like this product is a great option for the price and wide application of use in a fleet. On my account it ends up being $3.18 a quart purchased in 55 gallon drums.

I spoke to Starfire technical support about another product application this week. While on the phone I asked about the oxidation number and base oil used. He didn’t say who it was from but confirmed that the synthetic blend HDEO is group 3 and group 2+. I feel like this product is a great option for the price and wide application of use in a fleet. On my account it ends up being $3.18 a quart purchased in 55 gallon drums.
Good to hear they gave you at least some vague notes. Sounds affordable too.

Back