ST 7317 @ 4,500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This filter came off of my 02 Civic EX. I'm sure it can last much longer but i had PP 5w20 i was excited to put in.
55.gif

Very nice! I am cutting a 10k ST6607 open in a week or two. just waiting on the new filter cutter and the engine (2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 w/ a bit over 14k) is less than 1k from the OCI.

Originally Posted By: sw99
Very nice! I am cutting a 10k ST6607 open in a week or two. just waiting on the new filter cutter and the engine (2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 w/ a bit over 14k) is less than 1k from the OCI.

You might already know this but you can run the 7317 in the Sentra. That's what i do on my in-law's Sentra.

For under $3 how can you beat that? Its so much better looking than a Fram, its not even funny.

Originally Posted By: Silver02ex

You might already know this but you can run the 7317 in the Sentra. That's what i do on my in-law's Sentra.

No, I did not know that. Thanks for the info, I will check them out when I need more filters.

Originally Posted By: sw99

No, I did not know that. Thanks for the info, I will check them out when I need more filters.

All the 7317 is, it's just slightly longer than the 6607. When I look up the part # for the STP for my Honda it calls for 6607, but it's 7317 for the ST. Either one should work for your Sentra. Another advantage using the 7317 is, it's much easier to take the filter off since it's slightly longer.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Does anyone know what the micron rating is on the average ST filter?

It depends on the media in that filter, but some of the better testing puts it around the 30um level which is not all that bad for its price point and target market. Comparable to its contemporaries in a +/- sense.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: StevieC
Does anyone know what the micron rating is on the average ST filter?

It depends on the media in that filter, but some of the better testing puts it around the 30um level which is not all that bad for its price point and target market. Comparable to its contemporaries in a +/- sense.
Thanks!

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Where did you find that old style ST?

This is how it's always been made for the 7317 or the 6607, except for the slight change in the bottom spring. I went to Wal-Mart the other day to pick another one up and the date on the filter was early June so it's still being made the same way.

Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
That's crazy because this is the same filter that is called for my V8! Lately I've been using Napa Wix proselect

I posted a picture a few weeks ago of a used Proselect that was pulled off at 3K miles. To me the ST seems to be slightly better condition at 4.5K miles than the Proselect at 3K. Plus the ST is almost $1 cheaper.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
Where did you find that old style ST?
You need to read this thread , it has to do with the size of the ST. <3in. dia. older style non ecore, blue button adbv. 3 in. or greater dia., Ecore.

That's crazy because this is the same filter that is called for my V8! Lately I've been using Napa Wix proselect

I posted a picture a few weeks ago of a used Proselect that was pulled off at 3K miles. To me the ST seems to be slightly better condition at 4.5K miles than the Proselect at 3K. Plus the ST is almost $1 cheaper.

Could you post pic or post the link again? I didn't see it. Don't get me wrong, I love ST filters. The reason why I'm using the proSelect is becuase I were able to get them for $1 a piece a few months back when they had a wicked sale so i loaded up. Once that stash is gone (think i have 4 left) I'll be back to ST filter.

Could you post pic or post the link again? I didn't see it. Don't get me wrong, I love ST filters. The reason why I'm using the proSelect is becuase I were able to get them for $1 a piece a few months back when they had a wicked sale so i loaded up. Once that stash is gone (think i have 4 left) I'll be back to ST filter.

Here's the thread i started:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...Post1503414ted.

I would use the Proselect if it was cheaper but it goes for about $3.77 vs the $2.88 for the ST. I got the Proselect about a year ago when it was $.99 each that's the reason I used it in the past.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back