ST 7317 @ 4,500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
Originally Posted By: Silver02ex
Originally Posted By: NightRiderQ45
That's crazy because this is the same filter that is called for my V8! Lately I've been using Napa Wix proselect

I posted a picture a few weeks ago of a used Proselect that was pulled off at 3K miles. To me the ST seems to be slightly better condition at 4.5K miles than the Proselect at 3K. Plus the ST is almost $1 cheaper.

Could you post pic or post the link again? I didn't see it. Don't get me wrong, I love ST filters. The reason why I'm using the proSelect is becuase I were able to get them for $1 a piece a few months back when they had a wicked sale so i loaded up. Once that stash is gone (think i have 4 left) I'll be back to ST filter.

Here's the thread i started:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...Post1503414ted.

I would use the Proselect if it was cheaper but it goes for about $3.77 vs the $2.88 for the ST. I got the Proselect about a year ago when it was $.99 each that's the reason I used it in the past.

Ok thanks! I must say that the filter look like it stood up quite well...

Originally Posted By: sw99
Very nice! I am cutting a 10k ST6607 open in a week or two. just waiting on the new filter cutter and the engine (2008 Nissan Sentra 2.0 w/ a bit over 14k) is less than 1k from the OCI.

Here is a ST6607 with around 5,000 miles. I took this picture quite a while ago, March of '08 to be exact. It came off a '99 Kia Sephia, lots of highway driving put on in less than 3 months. As far as I know, the engine had no mechanical problems.

supertechst66075.jpg

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Thanks for the pics... A bit concerned over the wavy media, but otherwise the filter looks solidly built!

I was thinking the same thing..... Only 500 miles more than mine and it's a big difference.

Originally Posted By: Carzzz
also could you put 6607 in Honda?

Yes, when i use to get my oil changes at Firestone, they would put on their "house brand" filter which is a champs lab that's identical to the ST 6607.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Here is a ST6607 with around 5,000 miles. I took this picture quite a while ago, March of '08 to be exact. It came off a '99 Kia Sephia, lots of highway driving put on in less than 3 months. As far as I know, the engine had no mechanical problems.

supertechst66075.jpg

Thanks for the pic. Now I am very curious. Engine is about 250 miles from 15k so the pics will be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back