SRS Recall - Toyota

Joy, not one but two possibly impacted vehicles.

A potential defect in the Occupant Classification System (OCS) sensors in the front passenger seat of affected vehicles could cause a short circuit, Toyota said in a notice posted on its website. As a result, the air bag system may not properly detect the passenger's presence and weight, and fail to deploy as designed.

While they are at it, perhaps they can fix the OCS sensor in the *rear* seat of my Corolla? I made the mistake of taking some coworkers to lunch. Two sat in the back. Not big guys by any stretch of the imagination. Car was absolutely convinced someone was sitting in the middle and would not shut up until the middle belt was installed on the phantom passenger. [It's still installed, a week plus later. Probably to stay that way for a long time.]

You would think by now that quality control would be much better than this.
You'd think so, but, QA does cover testing after it's sold. When trouble trends are detected, sometimes recalls are inevitable.

Say what you will--at least Toyota isn't blaming the owners or writing the car off because the battery seat belt buckle got scratched.

Joy, not one but two possibly impacted vehicles.

While they are at it, perhaps they can fix the OCS sensor in the *rear* seat of my Corolla? I made the mistake of taking some coworkers to lunch. Two sat in the back. Not big guys by any stretch of the imagination. Car was absolutely convinced someone was sitting in the middle and would not shut up until the middle belt was installed on the phantom passenger. [It's still installed, a week plus later. Probably to stay that way for a long time.]
The auto industry at large needs to sort those OCS sensors out. Have had issues out of them in both of our current cars, an 07 Mazda3 and an 08 Hyundai Accent. The Mazda I fixed myself. The Hyundai was fixed by Hyundai way outside of warranty at 15 years just this year (was an almost-recall TSB that extended coverage for that 1 part/specific DTC to 15 yrs). Got lucky w/ the Hyundai, randomly stumbled across the TSB on a forum while researching the issue and the dealer took care of it with no hassles or pushback.

FWIW; Pages 1-2 of 9:
T-CP-23TB15-A110-D_Page_1.jpg
T-CP-23TB15-A110-D_Page_2.jpg

Back