Spray Sealant Question

My wife's Accord was coated with CQuartz UK ceramic coating in 2015. By 2018-19, the product began to fail, which is no surprise since the product was only rated for 2 years. Since then, I have used various "ceramic" sealant products at every other car wash. Sometimes it is a spray-on/rinse-off product, sometimes it has been a spray-on/wipe-off product. The car gets washed 2-3x per month so the paint gets treated at least monthly. I think there is a heavy buildup of SiO2 based products on the paint right now. Both dirt and water bead off as well as a vehicle that was coated with a real ceramic coating.

With the current regimen, is there any reason I should apply a real coat of paint sealant (or paint coating)? Or is there adequate paint "protection" by continuing the current regimen?

Last edited:
Depends what you want out of it. With that regimen the vehicle will always be glossy and always bead/sheet water. That's enough for most people. It won't be as resistant to road film or repel dirt as easily as it would with a real coating or sealant but with attention 2-3x per month I'm not sure it matters.

Back