Spotted this test cammo car in Golden Colorado

While picking up bbq supplies yesterday I came out to leave and this was parked in the lot. I chatted with the two guys having coffee. They wouldn't say what it was but... It's a 2026 model. The manufacturer currently sells this model in Europe and the USA. This one is FWD but awd is available. Now I was able to gather that they were both German, so I asked If the home office is in Bavaria? I was told possibly. What does everyone think it could be? I'm thinking a bmw as on of the coupe 2 series is fwd mini cooper based. Audi A3?
20230824_103740.jpg
20230824_103726.jpg
20230824_103755.jpg

I'll add I don't see tailpipes and it didn't make any sound when leaving the parking lot.

I was bummed that the hood was popped but the two guys kept a watch. From my understanding a few years ago this became required as I'm not sure the manufacturer but the test engineers left the vehicle exposed and car photographers were able to snap a pic of the make and model

Grill is probably fake. I say it's a Ford. Maybe Volvo. Electric.
I thought the grill was fake it looked like an O'Reilly's special. Ford doesn't sell cars anymore so that's out. The rear taillights could be faked or modified. Maybe Volvo? But the two guys testing were German hence my thoughts it was a German make.

That little green decal on the passenger side windshield tells us that it's been driven in Europe. This is quite possibly a Volvo with some fake accoutrements for disguise. The grill is likely fake as are the tail lamps.

Hope Peugeot, Citroen or Renault would come back here. They always made nice cars.
They had considered at one point. A couple of years ago either a citroen or Peugeot was spotted testing in Arizona I think.

Back