Spot the flaw in these pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: getnpsi
Same can be said for lots of industries as well. Isn't there more Bud Light spilled than Sam Adams is brewed in a year?

Probably because so many people drinking it throw it back up.

Beer shouldn't be brewed with rice, like Bud products. That's not beer. That's swill.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Thats another stupid thing I see is no air filters, really do you gain that much more power versus the internal sandpapering of the engines.

I've seen people at car shows who remove the air cleaner from their car to display the carburetor. I agree it would be a very bad idea to drive without an air cleaner. Not only does it filter the air, it can smooth out the air flow into the carb, and it acts as a flame arrestor, in case of an engine backfire.

Originally Posted By: Soobs
Originally Posted By: getnpsi
Same can be said for lots of industries as well. Isn't there more Bud Light spilled than Sam Adams is brewed in a year?

Probably because so many people drinking it throw it back up.

Beer shouldn't be brewed with rice, like Bud products. That's not beer. That's swill.

The definition of REAL beer is an "fermented alcoholic beverage processed from grain." That grain used to produce a beer may be barley, wheat, rice, corn, millet, triticale, oats, and others. To denounce one is to denounce all. With no grain we have no beer. Some people just do not think about this when they talk ill of rice used in beer.
Also consider any beer flavor is a matter of preference. Beer sure would be boring if we had beers brewed from only barley grain and no other.

Come on guys, cut the owner some slack.

He picked up that Fram at Wal-Mart, along with some SuperTech oil.

He had to save a few bucks somewhere....

lol I would be with you on that statement except that the filter on there isn't a FRAM Extra Guard that you can get at Walmart!

As far as I know, the FRAM HP filters are not available at Walmart. Look, if you really take a look at FRAM, you'll see that they are fully capable of making a quality filter as evidenced by their Tough Guard and Extended Guard series. It's just that they don't believe in competitive pricing that gets me away from those products.

engineered fiber endcaps, man caused disaster...marketing :)

my cereal box is made from engineered fiber

Originally Posted By: hertzer
Beer sure would be boring if we had beers brewed from only barley grain and no other.

I agree. Wheat beer is also very tasty.

Rice beer...? No.

(Wait, what does this have to do with Fram filters?)
21.gif

That's a cool car....I use the silver Fram Tough Guards on my drag car that I get for 5.00. A bunch of guys I race with use those orange HP Frams, Moroso, or K&N filters. Personally I think the HP Frams are overpriced.

Originally Posted By: ALL_OUT_LS1
Personally I think the HP Frams are overpriced.

Sounds right. FRAM really think they are above competitive pricing and with all these people buying them, they might be right.

I don't think it matters that guys with high-HP/high-$$ engines are using Frams.....I guarantee they change the oil and filter SO often that neither gets a workout at all.

That is a special Fram used for Racing. It is not the same as a street filter and Fram even states this in their advertising. It is designed for high flow and low restriction. It is not as efficient as their street filters.

The Wix equivelant has a 61 micron rating.

Part Number: 51515R
UPC Number: 765809129054
Principal Application: Racing Applications Only
All Applications
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 5.170
Outer Diameter Top: 3.600
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 3/4-16