Speeding ticket; Ouch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Another reason to mess with a cell phone and not focus on driving.

Tasker turns Waze on for me when my phone connects to my car. You don't have to input a destination or look at the screen and it will still call out potential hazards (and police!) as you drive.

Very helpful.

I'll be third in that draft rooflessVW
smile.gif

Quote:
Don't plant as you say, doing 75 is faster than most drivers do and you pass most of the traffic, it's the IDIOTS going 80+, I always pull over and let them pass.

Anybody who is behind me and wants to drive faster than me, is an IDIOT.
Anybody who is driving slower than me and is in front of me, is a MORON.

Do I get it right?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Why do people try and fight tickets, and waste court time and taxpayers money, on something they know they were doing.

Man up, pay your fine, and go on with your life.

In Kentucky, you pay the court costs whether or not you appear.

Aside from time off from work, etc...I don't considering it "wasting taxpaper money" or "wasting the court's time" if I'm PAYING to be there whether or not I actually appear.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Quote:
up fast on your rear, always pull over to let them pass

What in the world compels you to drive in the fast lane? What kind of mentality people have that they need to camp in "faster" lane if they are NOT going at "faster" speed? If you are passing somebody, for God's sake, accelerate quickly, and complete the pass and move over. If you are NOT willing to drive as fast as other people are driving in that lane, move over.

WHY IS THAT SO DIFFICULT FOR 99% OF US DRIVERS?

There is no law that I'm aware of that states I must do everything possible to hurry up and get out of the left lane to facilitate speeders. If I'm in the left lane, then I am overtaking another vehicle. When I'm done passing, I move right. If another drives up on my rear wanting to go faster than I'm going, then they will just have to wait until I'm done passing, and I don't care if they get upset. The highway is not a free-for-all where everyone can just drive as fast as they want...

There is an entire microeconomy built around traffic citations here. The players are police, municipal courts, attorneys, insurance companies, and driver training schools. Lots of people make money from the arbitrary, ineffective enforcement activities.

Originally Posted By: DriveHard
Lets see here...I happen to be a cop magnet...I am overly polite EVERY time I am pulled over.

First ticket was for 7 over in a 35 in a large expansive four lane without another car on the road in the middle of the afternoon - I was 18?

Next ticket was for 2 over in a 35 on a two lane road with no driveways or turn offs for well over a mile - I was about 20 and riding a sports bike. When the officer walked away, I said "Thank you Sir", he turned around and said "don't thank me, son".

Next ticket was for excessive acceleration...I had just put a new engine in my chevy cavalier with a stick, and must have got grease on the clutch. I was about two blocks into my first test drive, and struggling with the friction zone of the clutch because of this. I "squawked" the front left just a bit leaving a stop sign...that was enough...I was about 20 or 21 years old

Next ticket was for having a frame around my license plate again about 20 or 21 - same red Chevy Cavalier

Next ticket was for going the speed limit pulling into a town south of Canton, OH. It was raining, and my radio was up a little loud. Got a ticket for "too fast for conditions" was about 23 years old driving a blue Nissan Sentra

Next was pulling into my hometown...speed limit drops from 55 to 45 at the top of a hill, and I usually just click the cruise off at the bottom and sail into the speed zone right at 5 over, well this time a cop was sitting at the top of the bridge, and 5 over was too much...so yup, another 5 over ticket was about 31 or 32 years old driving a silver Saturn Vue

Next was about 3:50am headed to the gym to lift before work...stop sign to get onto the highway, and I rolled through it, clear line of sight in all directions for miles, and there was clearly no other cars on the road, except the officer sitting in a totally dark car in a speed trap location. Guess he was bored and decided I needed a stop sign ticket. This was a white Bonneville about age 33

Next ticket was for tinted windows in a used Audi I had just bought...when talking to me he noticed I had not mounted my front license plate...got that too was about 34 years old driving a Red Audi A3

I am now 39...suppose I am due for another ridiculous ticket.

Wait wait wait. Hold on now. "Excessive acceleration" in a Cavalier? Maybe that was one to take to court!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back