spark plug recommendation for 2012 camry se 2.5L L4

hey all got a 2012 camry se 2.5L l4, looking for recommendations on what spark plugs i should get. i got 130k miles on the clock.

Also should i change the wires too?

thanks!

That Toyota have coils and yes there is wires attach to the coil and the clip usually are brittle and may need replacement.
This is just the connectors.
Check Youtube for video on how to replace just the connectors.

In terms of Spark Plugs, just get either Denso or NGK with Platinum or Iridium type not old school Copper.

I’m guessing spec is Denso SK20R-11. That or the NGK equivalent, OE-type iridium/platinum is all I would stick with.

Denso Iridium Power/NGK Iridium IX are single-tipped “performance” plugs with slightly longer life than copper plugs.

Last edited:
Page 471 of your owner's manual, Denso Iridium SK16HR11, which is a Denso 3417. Rock Auto has them for $8.36 each.

44168C68-2D25-44C6-87C0-F2E031ADAD4F.jpeg

Denso is the OEM on this. Take one out and go to the parts store and buy one with the exact number on it. There are numerous iterations of Denso plugs that you can buy and they will all perform well for you. Toyota p/n 90919-01233 cross references to a Denso 4505 so that should be the latest suggestion from Toyota. The owner's manual may reference a different number based on what was available ten years ago.

The engine uses a COP design (coil-on-plug) so there are no plug wires to replace. Be very gentle with the plastic wiring harness clips that attach to the top of the coils because they're ten years old and will be fragile.

As mentioned previously, don't order from Amazon/E-bay, etc. Buy from a local brick and mortar store or order from reputable places such as Summit, Jegg's, Rockauto, etc. You might pay a bit more but you greatly increase your chances of getting authentic Denso parts and not some cheap, Chinese knockoff counterfeit.

plug 2.JPG
plug 1.JPG

You can use whatever the autopart stores recommend.
But, did your plugs last a decade and the entire 130k miles? Obviously, that PN is a no brainer.

I used Autolites on my Toyotas. If I, and the vehicle, last long enough for another plug change, I'll run NGK Rutheniums next time.

I've had no problem with ANY of the non-entry level plugs from NGK, Denso, or Autolite. Look for platinum/iridium/ruthenium or a combination or fancy metals for the center and ground electrodes.

Most plug manufacturers have good x-referencing. sparkplugs.com also has a good catalog for reference.

Denso Platinum TT. Have several sets in my cars. Work well, cheaper than Iridium. They will outlast your car. As suggested above buy them only at R/A or a parts store.

1670509323131.jpg

ty for the help all ill probably go with the Denso 3417 since it seems to be oem and iridium for my car

I've ordered off the web and not had a problem. That said, these are good for like 120k, why take a chance? just find a local dealer and pick up in person. How long will it take for you to drive the next 120k?

Back