South Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Oh, I see you have a Harley. It all makes sense now.

"coughrubrubbrubrubrubrubrubkapow"
grin2.gif

Seriously, you can't take those shows personally - they are equal opportunity antagonizers. They simultaneously had both the Harley community and the gay community up in arms over that episode.

"They simultaneously had both the Harley community and the gay community up in arms over that episode."

I have a good line for this quote but, in order not to provoke both communities, I will withhold.

Originally Posted By: af0h
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
They simultaneously had both the Harley community and the gay community up in arms over that episode.

Yes, but so funny - and almost true at the same time.
lol.gif

It's the truth aspect of the program that certain groups find disturbing. South Park sticks in in your face. When it's that obvious, those being made fun of, cannot accept the fact that the joke is on them. The funny thing is, that it's not a joke. It's reality being revealed through comedy.

Originally Posted By: XS650
...Sounds like both are over your head...

Always grateful for small blessings!

Originally Posted By: boraticus
In order to appreciate animated comedy programs such as South Park and Family Guy, one first must have a basic sense of awareness, (i.e. head not tucked away someplace warm, dark and smelly) and have the ability to understand the nuances of satire and irony.

More likely, just being under the age of 10 will work.

I find Simpsons hilarious and Family Guy... un-hilarious. I've tried to watch 3 or 4 episodes and didn't get farther than two minutes each time without some pointlessly offensive scene arriving. I don't get it. I'll stick with Homer.

Originally Posted By: defektes
I still watch old 80s transformers, gijoe, heman, and some Japanese animes.

Some Japanese animes are not for kids.

Other times, the nude stuff and the ultra violent stuff gets cut out.

Even Sailor Moon had stuff cut out to be broadcast outside Japan.

I like South Park, King of the Hill, Family guy, and Adult swim (especially Venture Bros!)

Originally Posted By: SWSportsman
...Sounds like both are over your head...

Always grateful for small blessings!

"Even the dull and the ignorant, they too, have their story to tell".

The "Desiderata" by Max Ehrmann 1927

And the world laughs on......

Don't let it get you down bo...maybe they are laughing with you rather than at you. On the other hand....

Originally Posted By: SWSportsman
And the world laughs on......

Don't let it get you down bo...maybe they are laughing with you rather than at you. On the other hand....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back