Songs that you simply never liked? Or can't stand.

Backman Turner Overdrive. Taking Care of Business. I liked it at first, but radio's over played it, until I hated the song, and still do to this day.

That would be my true Hell. Locked in a room, with that song playing over and over, 24 hours per day!

Backman Turner Overdrive. Taking Care of Business. I liked it at first, but radio's over played it, until I hated the song, and still do to this day.

That would be my true Hell. Locked in a room, with that song playing over and over, 24 hours per day!
BTO in any form for me. Gag.

Per the "Misheard Song Lyrics" thread of several months ago, someone, I think perhaps Snagglefoot, had misheard this one as "Baking Carrot Biscuits". 😂

After watching the Expedia commercial that featured "Whole Wide World" by Wreckless Eric I decided to look up the actual song to see if the rest of it was that horrible.

I actually had to do RESEARCH because I thought the song was some sort of satire at first...but nope...it's that bad...

KC and the Sunshine Band's "That's the Way I Like it".

About 50 years ago I went to my store on a Sunday to do inventory while the mall was closed. There was a Mexican restaurant next door. The wall between our stores was pegboard. Sound carried.

The owners of that restaurant had the world's most obnoxious little boy. He was actually the devil disguised as a little boy. That whole day long, hour after hour after hour, he played their SCREAMING LOUD jukebox on frikking auto repeat:

"THAT'S THE WAY UH HUH UH HUH I LIIIIKE IT UH HUH UH HUH!"

At least six hours of the world's most annoying song played earsplitting loud 20 times an hour.

A few years back, Taco Bell used that song in their commercials. Hearing the first notes of that song before I could hit the Mute was so traumatic, I stopped watching TV.

I feel like stomping kittens when I hear that song Alice's restaurant. There's a radio station that plays that crap song 24/7 during Thanksgiving.

Suite Judy Blue Eyes. That's not a "song" to me; it's seven minutes of pure noise. Especially the part closer to the end where they sing in Spanish or whatever it is. Fortunately I usually don't get to hear that part of it.... I usually smash my eardrums with a chipping hammer before that part comes on.

I had that song stuck in my head a few weeks ago. I wish that every copy of it and the masters would die in fire.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sometimes you just look at the radio as a song comes on and you just have to change it...

Pretty much an Ozzy Osbourne song or AC/DC too..

We did an epic out-and-back bike ride on Tuesday, and enjoyed great food afterwards at a small-town restaurant at the trailhead ... except they had a special radio station that should have been called "The Worst of the '70s".

I'm pretty good about identifying a song very quickly from the first few notes, but got this one wrong. I heard the mutant doinky noises in the intro, and thought it was the abominable "Cripple Creek" ... but no, much worse, it morphed into Neil Sedaka's "Bad Blood". Gag, surely one of the worst of that decade. Wiki says it was the #2 song in Canada for 1975. Perhaps they weren't referring to chart position ... but then again, Canadians allegedly like Ketchup potato chips, so there's that.

Back