Song You Loved.... The First Time You Heard It

Normally I have to hear a Song maybe five times before I begin to like it . But once in a while I'll hear a song that I Love the first time hearing it and this song is one of them .

lebowski.jpg

The Dude wants you to change the channel. He's had a rough night and hates The Eagles, man.

I could list 10 thousand here. How does one pick...?

Pretty much anything by Garbage. You can't go wrong with them, especially their first 3 or so albums. Start with this lesser known song, "Blood for Poppies." Seen Garbage open for No Doubt, around 2002.

Long time favorite, Megadeth- arguably the best most influential metal in history with a heavy hitter front man, Dave Mustaine. Seen DETH at least 4 times. Here they went a bit more pop with a more mainstream video, and it's very catchy. "Moto Psycho."

If you want old school DETH, see "Holy Wars." Off one of the best most important metal albums in history, "Rust in Peace."

CRUE had a massive influence on me, this was the first Motley Crue song I every heard, "Shout at the Devil," the night I unknowingly didn't die in a car accident, and I was instantly hooked.

Metallica, the first metal song I ever heard was "Master of Puppets," and it was instant love. Weight room, football practice. 30 years ago. Takes me back. Also, one of the most critically important metal albums in history, song titled. Seen 'tallica at least 2 or 3 times.

A few more.

Ozzy - what an incredible career. Incredible talent. Let's look at "Over the Mountain." All Ozzy is incredible but this one is addictive.

Who can ignore Van Halen? I think 11 Platinum albums?? How can you pick? VH had 2 of the best front men in history along with one of the best guitarists in history. Unreal how good they were.
I grew up loving VH, and "Panama" is a fun video favorite.

As is, of course, "Jump." Who doesn't love this catch song?

Some gamers might recognize these amazing songs set to Gears of War commercials.

Mazzy Star, "Into Dust." I got to see Mazzy Star in concert and she was incredible.

Gary Jules, "Mad World."

Back