Some tint questions

See Pew's post that you quoted.

Vehicles registered as trucks and SUV's are not listed in the section that NY state law says 70% VLT for side windows

NY doesn't register vehicles as "trucks" or "SUV." And there is no exclusion "since from the factory" in any NY VTL law.

NY doesn't register vehicles as "trucks" or "SUV." And there is no exclusion "since from the factory" in any NY VTL law.

The wording is weird but I checked the plaque on my CX5 to see if it says passenger car like the bolded below and it shows MPV (multi-purple vehicle?) I don't have one of the vehicles listed below to see if it has passenger on the door plaque but I think I remember my focus showing Passenger car on it.

• Rear side windows must also allow at least seventy percent of light from the outside to pass through the window if the vehicle is classified as a
    • station wagon
    • sedan
    • hardtop
    • coupe
    • hatchback
    • convertible
A vehicle falls into one of these categories if it is labeled “Passenger Car” on the Federal ID label found on the left front door panel.

Just get it professionallly done with your state's legal limit. It can be removed later. Its not a whole lot of money, a few '00 for a basic tint film. Ceramic is my preference as it does keep the interior cooler. I have all of my 5 vehicles tinted - 50% fronts/35% rears for passenger cars here in VA. It's plenty.

It's Pickup (truck) and Suburban/SUV. if there was no exclusion, then no pickup truck, Suburban/SUV would be legally for sale in NY.

But the NY VLT law lists specific registration classes, that excludes the Pickup and Suburban, as well as Van

Back