Some Questions for High Performance Lubricants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I am going to use a quart of your engine cleaner in the near future and would like your suggestions on the best way to use it.

I am using M1 EP 5W-30 right now, and the oil's been in the sump for about 1,000 miles and three months. I've been running 6 month/5,000 mile OCIs, whichever comes first. Would it be best to add the cleaner when I do my next change, in April or might there be any advantage to draining a quart now and adding the cleaner? I can use the drained oil in sweetie's Prius as she's about ready for a top-off.

My driving is 90% short trips on local streets. Is that OK to activate whatever cleaning elements are in the product, or might it be better to make a few long highway trips of 100+ miles, where the oil gets up to full operating temperature? For example, there's a 500-mile highway trip I'd like to make, and I can do it whenever it's convenient. Would such a trip be beneficial to the cleaning process compared to the many local, short trips I generally make?

How long in time or mileage should I run the cleaner considering different driving scenarios? I should mention that the total oil capacity of the engine is six quarts, but a drain with filter change takes 4.5 quarts.

Any other suggestions on how to use the product to its best advantage.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I am going to use a quart of your engine cleaner in the near future and would like your suggestions on the best way to use it.

I am using M1 EP 5W-30 right now, and the oil's been in the sump for about 1,000 miles and three months. I've been running 6 month/5,000 mile OCIs, whichever comes first. Would it be best to add the cleaner when I do my next change, in April or might there be any advantage to draining a quart now and adding the cleaner? I can use the drained oil in sweetie's Prius as she's about ready for a top-off.

My driving is 90% short trips on local streets. Is that OK to activate whatever cleaning elements are in the product, or might it be better to make a few long highway trips of 100+ miles, where the oil gets up to full operating temperature? For example, there's a 500-mile highway trip I'd like to make, and I can do it whenever it's convenient. Would such a trip be beneficial to the cleaning process compared to the many local, short trips I generally make?

How long in time or mileage should I run the cleaner considering different driving scenarios?

Any other suggestions on how to use the product to its best advantage.

Thanks!
How many miles on the engine? What does your oil look like when it drains out?

85,000 ... it looks like clover honey spread on whole what toast.
If the oil is that clean coming out, I'd skip the flush.. If there is some sludging issues those engines, than yeah go for it. Personally I would out it in for about 30 miles and dump and flush.

If the oil is that clean coming out, I'd skip the flush.. If there is some sludging issues those engines, than yeah go for it. Personally I would out it in for about 30 miles and dump and flush.
The product does not work in that manner- it is not a solvent flush.

I am using mine as a "maintenance dose" and driving with it in my oil.

OP, if you can see my posts.. I'm having rather phenomenal results.

53' Stude will be cutting open filters, to show what all this stuff loosens up, soon after the first day I can catch the Post Office to mail since work has ne getting out 15 minutes after they close due to overtime .....

I'd ask in PM form. You'll get the correct answer directly from them and eliminate opinions, a potential flame war, the typical why use an additive/cleaner/ flush, all you need is a good oil story, etc, and possibly wrong answers.

This thread is locked.

First, your question (set of questions) was answered in this thread:

Second, this thread is more properly a PM, or should at least include an @ to alert HPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back