some idiot rearended me today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I was on my way to pick up some cigarettes and gas up. Well, I was some 5 or 6 cars back from the stop light and the light turned green. Off to my right sat a chevy pickup waiting to get out of a parking lot. So out of courtesy I let him go. As soon as I took my foot off the brake pedal, BOOM!!! So I get out of my truck and talk to the guy. Mexican dude driving a early model 4 door explorer. I talked to him and he understood english thank god. So I told him let's pull over in the gas station and we'll talk. He says ok.

I pulled over into the gas station. But what does he do!?!? blows right by me and takes off down the street!! Idiot!! It them occured to me he was fleeing for a reason. No license, suspended license, no insurance or any of those or even a combination. I'm ok with no injuries but my truck suffered some minor damage. The plastic cover on top of the bumper is cracked and doesn't fit anymore. The chrome is smashed inwards. If you were looking behind my truck, the right side of the bumper is touching the paint and the left side is curved way the **** out there and one of my license plate lamps is gone but the other one is still intact. My tailgate, rear tailights are untouched thank god and it was only my bumper.

So I just sat there somewhat shookin up by this and called mother on my cell phone to tell her what happened. I drove straight home and not only did she have a bad day at work but to add insult to injury, her son gets into an accident. So we drove down to the police station and reported it. The officer took pictures of the damage to my truck and then went out looking for this guy. No more than 1 hour ago he comes rolling in my driveway. Not everday you see a cop car pull into your driveway, lol. Anyway, he came back with 2 pictures of green Ford Explorers. One of them was 2 door and the other was a 4 door(the one had hit me) Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the plates off the explorer if I saw the truck and saw the guy driving it, I would be able to I.D them no problem. So the officer has 5 days to find this dude and I hope he does and I do pray the guy has insurance. Because if the officer can't find him within these 5 days or if the mexican guy doesn't have insurance, guess who the insurance company is gonna point the finger at for the guinea pig to fork over the money for my bumper, ME! Today was just not my day I guess and not everybody is perfect,,,,,,,AR

Tough day ...

but let me ask you..

Are you insured for collision?? If so ..you're only out the deductible. Your insurance company will be suing the latino dude (if I.D.'d) for the rest and if recovered ..you'll get that back too.

Hey, you're in one piece ..got to rant about it ..and I pray it's your last, pal!! Life is good!
cheers.gif

Yup, I think he'll need uninsured ins. for it not to go on his record with the ins. company. I believe with uninsured it goes under comprehensive?

I have uninsured and underinsured just so something like this doesn't screw me over.

Something similar happened to my mom the other day. She was rear ended at a stop sign, by an '01 Tahoe, and that caused her to rear end the car in front of her! Driver was uninsured, unlicensed, obviously not long since he hopped the border.
rolleyes.gif
Gave my mom a phone number and said he would pay...guess what? Wrong number...

quote:

Originally posted by brianl703:
He needs "uninsured motorist" coverage for that, at least here in Virginia. Other states may be different.

That's how it is in CO as well. Collision only covers damage you do to your vehicle in which another vehicle is not involved, like running into a light pole or something.

Hang in there A/R! I've gone through the same thing before. Learn from this one, especially if the guy is never found. First thing you should do is write down the other persons info/license plate, even if your vehicles are still in traffic. Just get right up there and ask them, or start jotting down their vehicle info (even/especially if they confront you about doing it). That why, this kind of crap won't happen. Relax tonight and have a
cheers.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Airborne Ranger:
I do pray the guy has insurance. Because if the officer can't find him within these 5 days or if the mexican guy doesn't have insurance,

Hahahahahaha..surely you are kidding.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Yea I'll be racist here. This crap needs to end. I'll bet 1000 bucks another illegal-allowed in compliments of the scum bag Repubs and Democrats fighting for Hispanic votes.

Flame me I don't care
mad.gif
I'm sick of it.
frown.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:

quote:

I do pray the guy has insurance. Because if the officer can't find him within these 5 days or if the mexican guy doesn't have insurance,

Hahahahahaha..surely you are kidding.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Yea I'll be racist here. This crap needs to end. I'll bet 1000 bucks another illegal-allowed in compliments of the scum bag Repubs and Democrats fighting for Hispanic votes.

Flame me I don't care
mad.gif
I'm sick of it.
frown.gif

I'm in total agreement with ya Al.

Thanks guys for the reassurance. I should've mentioned in my original post that I do have full coverage on my insurance.

Also some good news, the officer called me just alittle bit ago and told me he will stop by tommorow morning with some photos of the owners of each explorer he took a picture of. He didn't say specifically what time but I'll be here all day and I do hope we can catch this guy.

I do kick myself in the butt for not getting the dudes plate number. So hopefully we can come through on this little incident,,,,,,,AR

quote:

Originally posted by andrews:
Uh oh, I feel a lock is coming for this topic!!
pat.gif

lol.gif

Nahh. Not until someone mentions John Kerry or George Bush. NOW there will be a lock on this topic.
wink.gif

Airborne Ranger,
Did you get your cigs and gasoline? Hopefully that cop will find the guy. It's frustrating to see this sort of nonsense. Hopefully, the honest person will win this time.
cheers.gif

Yes I did get my cigs and gas. I needed one after that crap, lol. I'm just glad I wasn't driving one of them Ford Pinto's, POOOWWW!!!!! goes the gas tank.

Yea Al, there some illegal aliens in this town. In the summer time, Willard is flooded with them. Now that's not to say that every hispanic, spanish or mexican person I see is illegal but I'm sure there's some. Let's not turn this into the illegal alien thread ok? Thanks,,,,,,,AR

quote:

Originally posted by Al:

Flame me I don't care
mad.gif
I'm sick of it.
frown.gif

Hey, don't worry. We have gangs in Manassas, VA now. Hispanic ones. Ones that the FBI said in a report that are composed "mostly of illegal immigrants".

But as long as people don't pay too much for heads of lettuce, I guess it's OK.

Speaking of which, where is the nearest lettuce farm from here, anyway????

quote:

He needs "uninsured motorist" coverage for that, at least here in Virginia. Other states may be different.

On my policy ..the uninsured motorist is for MY CAR if someone who is licenced, but uninsured, is driving it.

I'm inusured in any vehicle since I'm insured in A vehicle ..to the limits of the policy. The reason that each vehicle is technically insured is simply because someone else can drive it or collision/theft/vandalism issues

I can drive a motorized golf cart and get in an accident and MY insurance covers MY liablity.

Besides that...how's it still going to cost him any more than his deductable?? He can't even be charged with the accident. No surcharge. Unless his state is more corrupt than mine
confused.gif

[ October 29, 2004, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Besides that...how's it still going to cost him any more than his deductable?? He can't even be charged with the accident. No surcharge. Unless his state is more corrupt than mine
confused.gif

I had to use the uninsured motorist coverage to pay for repairs to a dent to my trunklid caused by someone who rear-ended me at a stop sign and refused to pull over.

$250 deductible, out of my pocket. I did call the police AND I gave them the license plate and a description of the driver, but I guess they had other priorities, since they said they couldn't find the driver.

I guess, in Fairfax County, if you commit a hit-and-run, as long as you didn't injure or kill someone you'll get away with it.

Buddy of mine who lives up in Michigan says that if someone ran a red light or something and hit you, weather it's there fault or your fault. Basically you have to pay for your own damages. I'm not sure what exactly the law about that in Michigan says but it's similar to my thinking.

That's what burns me up, if they can't find the driver of the person who hit you or if the driver is uninsured, who's the guinea pig, YOU ARE!! I just wish there was a better legal way to handle situations like this,,,,,AR

That's why I carry the digital camera with me all the time. My digital camera usually put in locker box. 3 or 4 months ago, 2 Hondas collided my jeep's rearend, I pulled digital camera and took camera on the vehicle's license plate and driver face.

My insurance agent said my picture made so easy in court worth thousand words!
lol.gif

It was minor damage on rear bumper and got it replaced.
smile.gif

quote:

Buddy of mine who lives up in Michigan says that if someone ran a red light or something and hit you, weather it's there fault or your fault. Basically you have to pay for your own damages. I'm not sure what exactly the law about that in Michigan says but it's similar to my thinking.

Michigan has "no fault" insurance. Here's a website that explains it.
No-Fault Auto Insurance In Michigan

There are some problems with No-Fault (like your rates can end up being raised even if the accident wasn't your fault) but for the most part, it works out well. There are no long drawn out investigations to prove who WAS at fault, since "fault" doesn't matter for insurance purposes. And you aren’t left to pay for repairs (other than the deductible) and medical bills (if you don’t have health insurance) out of your own pocket if you are hit by an uninsured motorist. Since Michigan has mandatory insurance (You can’t get a licence for your vehicle unless you have proof of insurance), getting hit by an uninsured motorist doesn’t happen all that often (except during the tourist season
smile.gif
)

BTW, it’s the CAR that’s insured not the driver. So if my brother is driving my car and gets in an accident, it’s my company that pays, not his. I guess in some places it’s the driver that insured, not the car.

I’ve lived in Michigan all my life and done most of my driving (and insurance buying) under Michigan’s No-Fault laws, so this all seems normal and natural to me, while some of the ways other states handle car insurance seems downright goofy to me.

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
This crap needs to end. I'll bet 1000 bucks another illegal-allowed in compliments of the scum bag Repubs and Democrats fighting for Hispanic votes. Flame me I don't care
mad.gif
I'm sick of it.
frown.gif

Yes of course. If they are willing to break the law and enter the USA illegally, *naturally* they will break all the other laws we have. The Mexican-looking dude was probably driving without license & without insurance.

All illegals should be removed as the criminals they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back