Parking Lot Idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty absurd that with that much room, he was too lazy to catch the door before it hit. That's a ton of room to avoid contact.

It's good his insurance is at least talking. With no d/l, I'd be worried his insurance was cancelled, which would put it on your insurance. If they put up a fight, just call your state's insurance commissioner and they will breathe fire down his insurance company's neck.

That sucks. I hate door dings! It seems strange to me that you're dealing with his insurance company - that's what YOUR insurance company gets paid for.

Anyway, regarding the dent, consider paintless dent removal. They'll probably come to you, and have it done in an hour or two. Better than leaving your car in the shop for a few days, and they'll just use filler on the dent anyway. Saves repainting the entire panel too, which hardly ever matches properly, especially on an older car. The PDR guys around here airbrush minor scratches, and you can barely pick the repair.

Just have dent wizard pop it out.

Its an old car on a college campus its going to collect a lot of dings and wear.

IMHO spend the time and money on better things, like getting laid and studying.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Just have dent wizard pop it out.

Its an old car on a college campus its going to collect a lot of dings and wear.

IMHO spend the time and money on better things, like getting laid and studying.
Not my problem how it gets pulled out, but it's also scratched.

I always park at the very end of a row. Never between cars.

20140828_065114.jpg

LS-460.jpg

Honestly I would not worry about this little parking lot ding. My wife dings my truck a lot. IMO there bigger fish to fry in this world than go after a guy that has a 86 BMW.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
College is brutal, it doesn't pay to have a nice car in college.

So true, thats why i have a beater saturn for my son, plastic doors etc.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I always park at the very end of a row. Never between cars.

20140828_065114.jpg

LS-460.jpg

+1

Always leave space, if you can.

I hate scratches from door openings. Ruins a car. Seems like people do it harder in the ghetto, open doors in with force...

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Door dings are more common now than the old days when door skins and car bodies were much thicker/heavier.
And almost no vehicles made today have side moldings -- that's part of the reason I bought a 2010 Sonata rather than the 2011's that were already out.

College is rough. My wife was working at a college, after graduating, and still go door dings. And this was an upscale college at that.

After ten years and some rattle can spraypaint I still park away from everyone when I can. I'm starting to cave a bit on that, but still. I'd rather walk a bit further.

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
I would rather have that pos BMW over that VW...

What other pertinent information would you like to add? Perhaps a conclusion based on how the car designates his sexual orientation?

Matter of fact I bet you owned a VW or know someone who has. I bet there are not enough forums on the internet to describe your hatred for them now.

Please go on...
09.gif

My wife's Hyundai Accent started the fact that everytime we own a blue car it just attracts bad things. Numerous bumpers, fenders, taillights, headlights...lots of paint.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Thermo1223

What other pertinent information would you like to add? Perhaps a conclusion based on how the car designates his sexual orientation?

Dude.. you are projecting BIG TIME.

Yeah, hmmm real hard decision to make on which anyone would rather have. $1,500-2,000 BMW or $6,000-6500 VW.... Real tough decision...

Oh, get over it. People on this forum love to whip out the ol' brand-bashing stick at the drop of a hat. You've never noticed?

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Yeah, hmmm real hard decision to make on which anyone would rather have. $1,500-2,000 BMW or $6,000-6500 VW.... Real tough decision...

1500 maybe after it gets a new paint job. at least it's probably never seen salt.

Anyway good luck with your repair bro, at least he had insurance even though it's not the best.

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Door dings are more common now than the old days when door skins and car bodies were much thicker/heavier.

I also think people have changed a bit since the old days.

Originally Posted By: css9450

Oh, get over it. People on this forum love to whip out the ol' brand-bashing stick at the drop of a hat. You've never noticed?

Given that the original poster takes every opportunity to whip out his own "brand-bashing stick", even going so far as to call owners of a Prius "one of them", a little reverse karma is more than fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back