SoCal snow job

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still a mess. I took my girlfriend out to dinner. I often go to a restaurant that is on a hill overlooking the city. This restaurant has a dirt road thats about 1/4 mile long leading to it.

I'm following a lowered Honda Civic down the street and it turned onto the dirt road.

I'm thinking........What kind of idiot would drive a lowered Honda down this road in the snow?

Turns out that it was my waitress! And she managed to clean off the front part of the splash pan under the front of the car. The splash pan began to push snow and this stopped the car.

She couldn't go forwards or backwards. I hooked a chain to the rear of her car and pulled her backwards so that we could remove what was left of the splash pan..

After that I followed her to the restaurand and watched as the Honda removed the high spots in the road for me
LOL.gif

After dinner we left and the wet roads are now just ice. I was driving about 35 mph in the Jeep in 4wd and 4th gear only to hit a patch of ice and have the engine rev up w/o me pushing on the gas.

Gonna be a bunch of wrecks tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Chris142

It's good you are off the road tonight, you can't dodge idjiots on ice no matter how good you are.
11.gif

Cool to see for California.

Just another winter day for me! Except of course that the temp display on my rear view mirror said -22c on my way home tonight.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
you folks up north don't really know much about Calif., do ya?
28.gif

And I thought the Donner Party was still included in history of the USA, er...I meant in the list of nasty things white folks did in North America......

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
Originally Posted By: tom slick
you folks up north don't really know much about Calif., do ya?
28.gif

Maybe not, but I'm guessing it's more than californians know about Alberta!
10.gif

Calgary Stampede, Eastern part of Canadian Rockies National Parks with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, tar sands and my old 1996 Corvette that has a nice home in Ft Saskatchewan AB, cold winters and it's big. Did I miss anything
grin2.gif
08.gif

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
Not much.

I thought I had pulled that comment back. Didn't intend to come off as confrontational. All in good fun!

And taken all in good fun. I responded before you edited your post to a normal Canadian level of civility.
grin2.gif

Well the streets are getting better. In the daytime anyway. At night they freeze and become skating rinks.

I still have 4-6 inches of snow in my yard. Hers a pic I just took of my driveway. It's a muddy mess. Mom's 2wd Sportage is grounded untill the road improves. I'm still using 4wd to get home in my jeep.

1221081206.jpg

It's still a mess. I took my girlfriend out to dinner. I often go to a restaurant that is on a hill overlooking the city. This restaurant has a dirt road thats about 1/4 mile long leading to it.

I'm following a lowered Honda Civic down the street and it turned onto the dirt road.

I'm thinking........What kind of idiot would drive a lowered Honda down this road in the snow?

Turns out that it was my waitress! And she managed to clean off the front part of the splash pan under the front of the car. The splash pan began to push snow and this stopped the car.

She couldn't go forwards or backwards. I hooked a chain to the rear of her car and pulled her backwards so that we could remove what was left of the splash pan..

After that I followed her to the restaurand and watched as the Honda removed the high spots in the road for me
LOL.gif

After dinner we left and the wet roads are now just ice. I was driving about 35 mph in the Jeep in 4wd and 4th gear only to hit a patch of ice and have the engine rev up w/o me pushing on the gas.

And this is the difference between you guys and Canada
grin2.gif

My sister and I went out in my old Explorer (that she now owns), and went drifting in three different parking lots.

Then later, Jon and I took out his F-250 4x4 and had a whole lot of fun
wink.gif
Making trails and the like......

When you have this kind of weather regularly, it's a blast. I'd imagine for you guys that are not used to it, that a lot of people get pretty confused and have NO IDEA how to drive in it from the sounds of things.

I guess I'm old now. Anybody can spin donuts on ice or snow.
12.gif

Must be, I'm 28 and still get a genuine kick out of driving sideways through a parking lot in 4-high
grin2.gif

That's how I learned to drive, on glass slick winter roads in MI. We would see how many times we could spin a car before hitting a snow bank. Great fun. I can still do it too... BIG
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back