So what do I do with all this SAE 30 oil??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.....I've been educated that oil has come a long way since I was a kid.....and SAE 30 ain't the way to go with air cooled engines anymore.

Actually, I now obsess about oil since I've discovered this site.......

My oil shelves have made way for the new tough guys on the block...M1, Amsoil, GC, etc......

So, what do I do with my remaining inventory of good old straight 30 weight? Donate it to the less fortunate?

If it's a modern high detergent oil, I would use it in mowers and L&G stuff in the summer only or sell it to some farmer.

Last edited:
How much are we talking about? give-lowball sell to someone with a beater. Just keep using in OPE stuff if not to much.

Well, the survivalist in me says make room somewhere and hold on to it, "just in case."

My kid can figure out what to do with it once I kick the bucket.....

Originally Posted By: gd9704

We should be able to sue this place, the added worry is taking years off our lives
LOL.gif
, I would just recycle it, or give to a normal neighbor who knows it does not make much differece what oil you use in your lawnmower. Clear the shelf space for whatever hot oil is on this site!

If you have a beater lawnmower you could always do a franken-mix and mix it 25% SAE 30 and 75% dino, or if you feel gutsy maybe a 50-50 mix. It is robust stuff, no reason to let it go to waste.
If you really cannot force yourself to use it then please recycle it.

Up until a year ago my father used SAE-30 in his mower. He asked me how would he stop them burning oil and I told him to try out a high mileage oil. That did the trick.
Of course about 3 months later the gears stripped out to his walk behind and he decided to go get a new mower instead of battle with hunting down parts on a 15 year old mower and trying to figure out how they all go in the transmission

His new commercial Toro now uses YB exclusively (and is probably worth more than my car
grin2.gif
)

Originally Posted By: Cmarti
Originally Posted By: gd9704

We should be able to sue this place, the added worry is taking years off our lives ...

LMAO
crackmeup2.gif

Is it the Non Detergent oil? If it's 30wt with a decent add pack (like Pennz YB) just use it in your 4 stroke lawn equipment or as a summer only fill in your auto.

Actually, I'm starting to like the fact that my oil shelf is beginning to rival that of Walmart's Automotive section. My wife occasionally looks up there and just stares.....she doesn't say anything, which is why she's a keeper....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back