So, Simple Mobile is VERIZON (owned) now.. WHAT??

Hi. I am presently going through it with Simple Mobile. The most recent SIM card I bought is from Verizon Wireless. They are trying to switch it now.....

In essence, there is Simple Mobile T-Mobile/AT&T (I think) and now apparently it is a Verizon MVNO.

So... WHAT?
Will my service continue to be good?
Is it now affected in a negative way?

I am on the phone now with sketchy Tech Support....

They say, "Simple Mobile is now under Verizon family and will no longer be activated with T-Mobile SIM card."

They say this will cause service interruptions... and this SURE seems to be the case.

So, I suppose the question that I am asking is.. is this (with Verizon) better ?

Verizon Pushing Straight Talk Users To Its Network, Simple Mobile Has Verizon SIMs. In November of 2021, Verizon Wireless closed on its acquisition of Tracfone and all of its associated brands including Straight Talk Wireless, Simple Mobile, and Walmart Family Mobile among others.

Verizon Pushing Straight Talk Users To Its Network, Simple Mobile Has Verizon SIMs. In November of 2021, Verizon Wireless closed on its acquisition of Tracfone and all of its associated brands including Straight Talk Wireless, Simple Mobile, and Walmart Family Mobile among others.
Wow. It worked fine for me until this month, November 2022..

Here is my present situation. You can see the Verizon SIM.
20221126_165447.jpg

And I'm all in on learning iPhone as well. I like. Android. Better...

Simple. $25 a month unlimited. Comes to $26.98 or $27.05 after taxes.

That one's easy.
It's not unlimited, it's 3GB with unlimited talk and text. Which is the industry standard.

I have Visible which is $25 a month for true unlimited talk text and 5G, unlimited hotspot on Verizons network. No contract.

There's also Mint Mobile which has 4GB of 5G, unlimited talk and text for $15. That is on the T-Mobile network.

It's not unlimited, it's 3GB with unlimited talk and text. Which is the industry standard.

I have Visible which is $25 a month for true unlimited talk text and 5G, unlimited hotspot on Verizons network. No contract.

There's also Mint Mobile which has 4GB of 5G, unlimited talk and text for $15. That is on the T-Mobile network.
Its unlimited talk and text.. Visible I've not heard of, Mint I have. I just use the data until it gets slow since I've always heard there is no such thing as truly unlimited data (on a mobile network for a subscriber line, there is always a cap.)

If Simple Mobile gets really crappy somehow (quick searches lament roaming on Verizon, didn't go in-depth there) like if we really do go to Victorville CA next year or something) and service sucks, I'll probably go straight to Mint.

Where ya getting Visible at for $25/mo?

Verizon has been better than TMO for us as far as having signal. It won't be the fastest but our old 3+ year old Verizon hotspots is more consistent with having signal compared to our brand new TMO hotspots - which that was our top priority for work since we tend to work at a lot of industrial and remote sites.

Although it may be different with 3rd party carriers so YMMV.

Where ya getting Visible at for $25/mo?

Visible basic + invite a user. My friend has visible for her and her kids and it's been working good so far minus rural spots.

Verizon has owned parts or all of these off brand companies for a few years. The just converted Total wireless to total by Verizon. They cut the data and upped the cost on new plans and said they are gonna kick everyone off their existing plans in a year or two. Looks like they are doing it to all the trac phone offshoots.

I was with Tracfone for years Verizon bought them , I was on AT&T service they tried to force me to Verizon I left them for Pure Talk unlimited talk & text 2gb data for less than $20.00 a month.

I’ve been Tracfone, running Verizon, for at least 7 years now. Verizon buying them just made me swap SIM cards, no real changes. Wife’s phone is now Spectrum Mobile, running on Verizon, for only $14/GB per month-which also includes unlimited talk & text! Since she is almost always on WiFi, here & elsewhere, 1 GB is always enough. Her iPhone 11 consistently outperforms my crappy work AT&T Samsung S20 FE Android at 1/5 the cost…

Verizon has owned parts or all of these off brand companies for a few years. The just converted Total wireless to total by Verizon. They cut the data and upped the cost on new plans and said they are gonna kick everyone off their existing plans in a year or two. Looks like they are doing it to all the trac phone offshoots.
The part about pushing everyone off existing plans shouldn't surprise me. So far, I still have my old Total plan.

I have only noticed two differences since the Verizon takeover. 1) The Total by Verizon website is now every bit as frustrating and unusable as the Verizon Fios website. 2) I kept getting messages this month that my service was going to end, even though I'm enrolled in auto pay. Customer service said that was because of a glitch in their system.

I’m hoping Verizon isn’t going to mess with Tracfone too much, I have a fairly large minutes, data, and text balance, and I would hate to lose it because Verizon has decided to get greedy…

Back