So bad the CDC is involved --

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by atikovi
But they are not intended for recreational use. Actually, is there ANY drug marketed for recreational use?

Oh I totally missed that part. Does alcohol count, as far as the effects go anyways?

Vape,vape and more vape and maybe you will hit a $$$ jackpot making a TV commercial with half your face gone like I currently see several times a day. Go for it vapors. Vape now, surgery later.

Originally Posted by wag123
Originally Posted by bbhero
Any one who does hard drugs... almost always, always started with smoking marijuana...
Yes. That is a fact.... It is a gateway drug...
Yes and No. Ask any drug addict what they REALLY started with and they will almost all tell you that they started by smoking cigarettes, then they started consuming alcohol, THEN they smoked pot, and THAT is when they came into contact with drug dealers/pushers.
The biggest reason that pot is blamed for being a gateway drug is not because of pot itself, but because of how and where it must be obtained... from a drug dealer/pusher. Most drug pushers don't just sell pot, they also sell the other harder drugs, and it is in their best interest to move a pot buyer up to a more profitable addictive drug (pot is NOT physically addictive like crack, meth, or heroine). THIS is how pot is a gateway drug. If pot is removed from the street level dealers/pushers by legalizing it, most people who smoke it wouldn't ever have to come into contact with pushers and the harder addictive drugs they sell.
It is becoming increasingly clear that the current lung disease controversy is being cause by the victims using illicit counterfeit THC oil vape cartridges purchased from street level dealers. The dealers are cutting the THC oil with other dangerous substances like vitamin E acetate to increase profits, just like the dealers do with cocaine and heroine. https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...hickener-vitamin-e-acetate-vapes-881896/

You just like your drug of choice... And trying to defend it...

And yes... It is a gateway drug.

Just like the other perscribed drugs can be.

Just own the fact you like your drug of choice. Nothing wrong with that.

But also own the reality of the entire circumstance.

And making it legal does not mean magically the underworld market disappears... It doesn't... Fantasy world thinking it will.

IMO it should be legal for adults. We are free to smoke cartons of cigs and drink gallons of 90 proof whiskey. Bad for us, yes -- but legal to do.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
IMO it should be legal for adults. We are free to smoke cartons of cigs and drink gallons of 90 proof whiskey. Bad for us, yes -- but legal to do.

True.
And society pays the price.

Just saw our I.T. guy vaping out in the break area earlier today, told him of this breaking news. He didn't give two snots about it, and ain't quitting.

Lol, people peopling. Noone is going to quite. Why quite when you can blame some industry for your addiction and try fir a settlement?

Absolutely no one ever suddenly goes from tea-totaling to the "hard" drugs like heroin or crack. Why should any particular milder recreational drug be singled out as The Gateway?

Last edited:
Cases drag on for years. Settlement not useful if you're dead.

Very true. Something all logically minded substance abusers should keep firmly in their well-grounded minds.

Originally Posted by mk378
Absolutely no one ever suddenly goes from tea-totaling to the "hard" drugs like heroin or crack. Why should any particular milder recreational drug be singled out as The Gateway?

Why blame the substance at all?

It's the person. Not the pill. Some people are more prone than others due to environment, genetics, and a host of other factors.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
As soon as I read years ago that the carrier fluid in E Cigarrette was antifreeze (like from theatrical fog machines)

I knew this was going to be a problem. About six years ago my old friend stopped drinking scotch and took up vaping and got a pneumonia like illness and was in the hospital for a week.

I'll stick to an occasional cigar ( PUNCH London Club )

Regardless, the broken Healthcare industry is killing us.
Over 1/4 million deaths a YEAR in the U.S. from Hospital errors and malpractice ( Johns Hopkins study)

Propylene Glycol is used as antifreeze.

It is also the basis for almost all eye drops and many other medical purposes. But calling propylene Glycol "ANTIFREEZE" grabs more people than admitting it has been delivered into the human body by doctors for longer than it was used as an antifreeze.

It would be like me telling you that you are feeding your children MARINE IMPELLER LUBRICANT because glycerine is used both in foods and a marine impeller lubricant.

Heck, the citric acid you probably eat regularly is my rust stripper. How come you eat rust stripper, right?

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
For many years the illicit drug industry has cut the potency of their product with any number of substances that were never tested for safety. They don't care, there is no one with deep pockets to sue and recover damages for the care of the victims. The cost to society is astronomical. This is another reason to just make it legal and tax it so there is a fund to pay for the damage.

Pretty sure the pharmaceutical industry could make and sell recreational drugs similar to crack, heroin or meth and leave out the harmful or addictive properties. Just not sure the politicians or the general public would allow it. But with the recent legalization of pot in some places, who knows.

The pharmaceutical industry did sell recreational heroin equivalent. They're in a lot of trouble over it.

Originally Posted by JLTD
5 people "allegedly" die from vaping. How many millions have died from cigarette smoking? If anything, the FDA should ban cigarettes.

Smoking tobacco has been going on since the 1600s and perhaps before. Almost NO ONE dies from smoking cigarettes for a couple of years, it's the cumulative effect.

Vaping victims can die very quickly, and after short exposure - THAT my friend is the important point.

Almost no one does from vape. At 5 deaths, falling coconuts and tipping vending machines is outpacing it.

Exactly zero deaths identified from traditional vape.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
It would be like me telling you that you are feeding your children MARINE IMPELLER LUBRICANT because glycerine is used both in foods and a marine impeller lubricant.

Heck, the citric acid you probably eat regularly is my rust stripper. How come you eat rust stripper, right?

Exactly zero deaths identified from traditional vape

Oh yeah, fluoride is also a rat poison so yeah, you've got some rat poison in you drinking water too.

Also didn't know you were now making a distinction between traditional vape and death from vaping. Like I suppose there's regular driving and drunken driving.

5 people "allegedly" die from vaping. How many millions have died from cigarette smoking? If anything, the FDA should ban cigarettes.

Whether something is banned or legalized doesn't seem to have anything to do with its health risks. Tobacco products and alcohol are proven to be way worse for people health wise than pot, and yet pot is still illegal in most states. I think it has everything to do with the gov getting their cut...

Originally Posted by grampi
Whether something is banned or legalized doesn't seem to have anything to do with its health risks. Tobacco products and alcohol are proven to be way worse for people health wise than pot, and yet pot is still illegal in most states. I think it has everything to do with the gov getting their cut...
IMO it is more about the giant corporations and mega-wealthy individuals in control of the government getting THEIR cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back