Snowblower oil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

I will be switching to ESSO XD3 0W-30 this spring when I put it away for summer storage.

where can you find ESSO XD3??

Sold in Canada only. Esso bulk stations

I am using it as well in mine. It is perfect for air cooled engines in winter as it has low startup weight (0) yet at temp is more like 35 weight.

Quote:

Wow they had xw20 back then......
laugh.gif

does yours use any oil in a season??

Yeh, when Mobil One first came out back in the 70's, it was 5w20, and Mobil said it was the equivalent of 10w40 regular oil.

I have always used M1 in my 2000 model lawnmower which has the 5.5 hp Honda OHC engine. I use it about 60 to 65 hours a year, and change oil once a year. It has never used any oil between changes. I have an hour meter on it, so I know how much it is used. I use it all winter, cleaning up leaves, and changing the oil in March. This year, so far, it has 46 hours on the last change, and it is still right on the full mark.

I use 5w30 usually, but last year I used a can of 0w30 M1 just to see if it would use any, and it didn't.

Quote:

Quote:

Wow they had xw20 back then......
laugh.gif

does yours use any oil in a season??

Yeh, when Mobil One first came out back in the 70's, it was 5w20, and Mobil said it was the equivalent of 10w40 regular oil.

I have always used M1 in my 2000 model lawnmower which has the 5.5 hp Honda OHC engine. I use it about 60 to 65 hours a year, and change oil once a year. It has never used any oil between changes. I have an hour meter on it, so I know how much it is used. I use it all winter, cleaning up leaves, and changing the oil in March. This year, so far, it has 46 hours on the last change, and it is still right on the full mark.

I use 5w30 usually, but last year I used a can of 0w30 M1 just to see if it would use any, and it didn't.

Thats great.... Honda motors are awsome!!!!

I still like the one I saw at sears when they said if the snow blower was to be used under 32 degrees F then synthetic oil is required. I got a GOOD Laugh at that one.

I use 0W-30 Amsoil or Mobil1 from old stock in out lawn mower and snow blower

I've been using Mobil-1 0W-30R in my John Deere since I got it new.

We got hit with a blizzard here in Denver so mine just had a three hour workout yesterday. Looks like it'll get another three hours in today.

I have a question if anyone can answer for me. Mine leaks oil but only if I get it way off-level. Like if I get semi-stuck and push the handles down to the ground backing up. Does anyone know why that would cause it to leak when I do that? Other than that circumstance it doesn't leak at all.

Hankrr, When you tip some snowblowers, the oil can slosh towards the crankcase breather and you can lose some as crankcase pressure pushes the oil out. I just posted this in another thread here.

I'm not sure why, but you will then get a drip from the machine that may last for weeks. Keeping the machine level and wiping up any visible oil on the outside of the engine will minimize the mess and the machine should stop losing oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back