Picked up a new used tractor. New Holland GT / Toro 520Lxi

What yall think of this beast. I have always wanted a Toro wheel horse 523dxi in a diesel but they are almost unobtanium, and especially non existent in good shape. Saw this one kind of locally which is just a different paint color.

Found out it has a brand new old stock mower deck.
32056.jpeg
32054.jpeg
32059.jpeg
32069.jpeg

Nice! How many hours? That Kawasaki twin will run forever. I have around 2,000 hours on my 1998 501V and it still runs great. What oil are you planning on using? I use 15w40 Rotella T5 in mine.

Wow! Great find. Looks like it was well kept and basically a brand-new deck. Love to see these HD garden tractor survivors. That sucker was probably $10K 24yrs ago.

It was 9k ish new. Owner was not sure what the new old stock deck cost. I suspect he had had it for a long time and when I picked it up his place was really nice and pristine. Fully heated garage with in-floor heat.

I will admit I did buy it not knowing about the cam gear issue plaguing the 1997 year engine, and was sweating bullets until a dealer finally gave me the sept 2000 build date. I would have had to turn around and list it back for sale again if it had the plastic gear as that is not a job I would want.

I've watched the replacement cam gear on YT & it didn't seem too bad but I understand the need not to mess around with it if you can just get a mower without that issue. Looks like you have had great success on this mower & appears to be in excellent shape. Those Kawasaki's seem to last several thousands of hours if taken care of so you have a ways to go. Does that have power steering or power deck by chance?

1000lbs seems a little heavy? maybe with the deck.

Edit:
GT20 shows as 890# that is probably correct.
My deere 318's are around 800-850 with power steering but air cooled onan.

1000lbs seems a little heavy? maybe with the deck.

Edit:
GT20 shows as 890# that is probably correct.
My deere 318's are around 800-850 with power steering but air cooled onan.
Yeah, I too was thinking around 800 to maybe 900 but 1,024 lbs is on the high end I'd think.

Cool machine! We have a New Holland dealer not too far from me, and I remember they had a few of these style tractors in the show room when I was a kid.

It has the power steering and the hydralic lift for the deck / attachments. Also a two speed eaton 1100 hydro so if you need to go slow you can use low and get more presision out of the foot pedal.

Its over 1k weight now with the poly filled tires. Im trying to find used rims as the guy had them filled for his hilly terrain. The issue with poly fill is you have to cut the tires off. No other way. The tires weigh so much it takes two people to lift just one.

Honestly this tractor is so ergonomic I have no problem wasting the fuel running the twin cylinder kaw with a whimpy small deck.

Everyone always wants the 522xi / GT22 with the kohler 22hp air cooled twin, but id much prefer the liquid cooling.

Back