Smitty's vs SuperTech

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the opinion on the board? Smitty's Semi-Syn is on sale @ kmart for $10/5qt. I recall reading it is a strong/stout oil, but which would you pick?

Did Smittys go up on price when on sale at K-mart? Last time I bought it on sale it was $8.00 for a 5quart jug. Totaled $8.48 out the door with tax here in beautiful Pennsylvania. Grabbed 4 jugs & am well pleased with Smittys overall.

I'd use Smittys, although nothing is wrong with ST

Originally Posted By: thorromig
Did Smittys go up on price when on sale at K-mart? Last time I bought it on sale it was $8.00 for a 5quart jug. Totaled $8.48 out the door with tax here in beautiful Pennsylvania. Grabbed 4 jugs & am well pleased with Smittys overall.

$8 for a 5qt jug, $1.99 for individual quart bottles.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Super-s is a semi synthetic.just how much synthetic???

10% synthetic. Somebody emailed Smittys and asked. It might be 10% PAO

I'd get some of both and will actually for the Bonneville and the girls 14' 200 with the 2.4 since both are easy on oil. Smittys is usually $8.99 couple times a year and SUPER TECH is $10 and change now

I would go the Supertech Synthetic over a Smitty's syn blend with only 10% syn. That and I trust Warren (make of ST) over something called Smitty's. Supertech syn has a proven record of a decent oil and I've even done a UOA on it with very good results.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I'm not putting anything in my engine called "Smitty's."

I tend to agree. A man needs standards.

They meet the same specs... buy the brand you like or the one that's cheapest.

Mind you, SuperS Blend may be the cheapest Dexos certified oil when on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back