Smaller favorite company oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warren reason being many stores and companies have their company name and reputation on Warren products, so far their reputation has been good. Good oil without the marketing expense in the price of the product.

(also Citgo products for the same reason)

Major Brand with marketing expenses = Valvoline I think is the most underrated of the larger companies.

Penngrade Oil and Penngrade Select. It is the offical oil of the Indy 500.

I am able to get it at a very low cost and it is made right here in Indiana. Works very well on my 2013 Hyundai Sonata 2.4 GLS. I run the 5W-30 and change every 5K to 6K. Car runs great. Getting 24 to 26 MPG in town driving mainly below 40 Mph.

https://www.penngrade.com/penngrade-select/

Originally Posted By: SR5

There is a small USA oil company, I've never found their oil here, but I've always wanted to try them, it's Sinclair Oil

Their signs are iconic, but their stations have never been common in most places I've lived.
There was a big station near St. Louis that had a huge green dinosaur that was very handy as a landmark, but I'm not even sure it was still a Sinclair at that point. I needed a new bicyle after having one stolen and a friend drove me to a bike shop and I rode back to school...I was pretty lost until I happened to see the dinosaur and realized where I was. This was back when Schwinn was the only bike brand I knew and I bought a red World Sport to replace my purloined red World Sport...

I have to say that the Lubrigold bottles are quite unique. They definitely stand out in a crowd.

I have a new Sinclair around the corner. Not a lot of them but they seem to slowly becoming a little more common. I have never, ever seen their oil anywhere though. Maybe in one of those stations I should take a peak.

There is a single "Gulf" gas station in the Metro area that I know of. More of a southern company I think. I buy gas there whenever I get that way since I am a BITOG nerd.

Favorite "smaller" company I will second Conoco/Phillips. Loved the Trop Artic. The company is hardly small but their share of the oil market isn't very big although Motorcraft is theirs as well.

My dad used Archer (Council Bluffs Iowa based, down the street from Warren Oil) for years and years. Got great longevity out of his vehicles and equipment. Northland Oil (Waterloo, Iowa) also was a regular at our household for many years. That is primarily re-refined oil and has a very good reputation. I have been solidly on Schaeffer oils for the several years now.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
..I was pretty lost until I happened to see the dinosaur and realized where I was....

Good story.

Originally Posted By: bbhero

I have to say that the Lubrigold bottles are quite unique. They definitely stand out in a crowd.

Yes that is a good looking bottle of oil. Plus it's a full synthetic, dexos rated, 5W30 oil that should serve most people well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back