Small 4 inch 1/4" Drive Swivel Head

While doing so shopping a couple of weeks ago I found and bought this ratchet. This is a decent little tool and very useful, the knurling makes using it as spinner makes it useful for trans pan bolts and its small size makes it easy to palm so you don't over torque them. I cant speak to the longevity of the tool but it seems well made and should last.
The mechanism is smooth with very little back drag, 90 tooth, the swivel is smooth without being loose or too tight. If I had to knock a half a star off it would be for the selector which is a bit small and fumbly but otherwise fine and only less than 1/4 of a turn to switch from forward to reverse and it is metal not plastic and it is not a QR but getting the socket on/off is easy enough with this.

The black one I got was a bit more than $15 but for the same thing in blue they want over $21, the black is great but easy to miss and forget on a black cowl or radiator support, I can see it going into the never land of 10mm sockets if forgotten.

titan 4 inch.jpg

It's not a Snap On or made in the US so nope can't buy it no matter how useful to well built.😜
It would be naive to believe all Snap on are USA made, they are not, I bet you don't own any Milwaukee cordless power tools either. Taiwan has become a first world manufacturer of tools like it or not and the USA and European countries have a better trade deal with them than the chicoms.
Nobody likes first world tool more than me but that is the point, it is not a slap on your neighbor or country to buy products made in Taiwan, if you said China I can agree with that.

It would be naive to believe all Snap on are USA made, they are not, I bet you don't own any Milwaukee cordless power tools either. Taiwan has become a first world manufacturer of tools like it or not and the USA and European countries have a better trade deal with them than the chicoms.
Nobody likes first world tool more than me but that is the point, it is not a slap on your neighbor or country to buy products made in Taiwan, if you said China I can agree with that.

Wow, you know i was being sarcastic right? Hence the emoji.

Have had 2 of these for ages, a bit longer than the titan one. I wouldnt buy the titan one for work personally because of downtime when I wear it out. The round head ratchet with 180 degrees of swivel is my favorite for 1/4 inch drive. Much more versatile. I dont use a regular 1/4 ratchet often

Back