Sludge & low OP with M1 0w-40 @10k, Audi 1.8t

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, finally. Thanks flyboy. I was asking on AW and they didn't know anything about that. Any chance you can post or e-mail me a copy of that letter?

"I got the letter from Audi changing the oil interval from 10K to 5K"

iirc, the letter suggested 5k changes, but did not require them to maintain warranty coverage. Any changes in the requirement would necessitate AoA providing the interveining services free, as per Moss-Magnusen Act.

Posting a full copy of the letter would clarify this point.

Add to the list cam chain and sprockets.
wink.gif

I got a letter from Audi, said to use syn, change 5K,etc. When I get back from this Europe trip I am on I will dig it up and post it. It was very specific on oils and specifications, I don't think any Audi dealer ever used these prior to the letter and doubt that they do to this day.

Why don't you look at the letter and post the specific text that changes the OCI? Thank you.

Yeah, for VW it's 5K because YOU are paying for the changes. For Audi, since the dealer pays for the changes (at least during the first 50K miles), they kept it at 10K since they probably figured it'd be too costly if they had provide twice as many free oil/filter changes.

QP,

VW was still giving 2/24 service in 2001.

How can who pays for the oil change make the oil last longer in the same engine & chassis set-up???

Oh well, I guess I will never understand.

quote:

Originally posted by Willy_G:
How can who pays for the oil change make the oil last longer in the same engine & chassis set-up???

It can't. It's a simple cost issue, similar to that one that caused the US dealers to use mineral oil for so many years when they really should have been using synthetic.

[ September 16, 2005, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Quattro Pete ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back