Sisters Accord totaled

Dashcam footage might not be admissable in court depending on state laws about recording. In theory, as a private citizen and not a government employee, you could even get in trouble for recording others without their knowledge. Not joking.

Dashcam footage might not be admissable in court depending on state laws about recording. In theory, as a private citizen and not a government employee, you could even get in trouble for recording others without their knowledge. Not joking.
That is not true. You can record anyone anywhere as long as there isn't a reasonable expectation to privacy, such as through their windows in their home, or in a bathroom or something.

That's their job. If they have a problem with it then they need to change careers. It's that very reason people like Greg's sister get f****d over by crooked insurance companies. Now she's out of a car and has to buy a new one because of some irresponsible dumbass that won't man up (or woman up) and admit fault to being a dumbass.

It is entirely possible OP's sister ran the light. Without any evidence or witnesses, no one will ever know.

Cops in certain states have notoriously confiscated spectators' smartphones used to record events. State laws do vary.
If so, they are breaking first amendment rights.

Good to know she's well . This action is more common and witnessed it a few days ago . When the light becomes GREEN I'll take a few seconds to look left and right to make sure no one is running the RED light . Hopefully , the person behind has patience . This helped avoid a few possible accidents .
That is a great habit to have. I learned to do that when I started riding a motorcycle back in the 90's. I can't and will never be able to ride again but I still do it to this day, same with checking my blind spot before switching lanes.

What would you recommend the police do to determine fault in a crash like this one? It seems the variable in question is the status of the lights at the time each vehicle entered the intersection. In the absence of video and unbiased witnesses (someone other than the involved drivers), where should CSI start?

Also, if you think calls for service don't get triaged, you live in a fantasy world. If someone steals your garden gnome, your neighbourhood isn't getting canvassed for leads.
I just suggest the police arrive on scene and make a formal police report. Police presence can and will help prevent insurance fraud for one thing like is possibly getting ready to effect Greg’s sister. She’s going to have to suffer the consequences of someone else’s irresponsible behavior.

This could very easily be anyone else’s sister,mother,daughter,etc,who is posting in this thread.

Last edited:
False. You can record public of anyone. The only time it becomes concern is recording audio in vehicle without party consenting then gets thrown out.

False. You can record public of anyone. The only time it becomes concern is recording audio in vehicle without party consenting then gets thrown out.
Depending where it is. In Arizona, there are no wiretap laws. As long as you engage in the conversation (present) you can audio record anything.

Glad she is ok. Car looked pretty clean. I don't blame her for being bummed. How many miles were on it?

On a side not I do have a dash cam in the truck just I can record the stupidity when I tow.

Glad she is ok. Car looked pretty clean. I don't blame her for being bummed. How many miles were on it?

On a side not I do have a dash cam in the truck just I can record the stupidity when I tow.
Around 215K miles. She bought with around 200K if I remember correctly, then had over $700 worth of A/C work put into it. It's a real shame the car is gone, it was a good one.

It’s a shame the police refuse to show up. Now because of a negligent driver and police refusal, Greg’s sister is out of a car, will have insurance rate hikes, and will have to pay for the broken light pole.

A trained police officer can immediately tell who was at fault at the scene of an accident.

It’s a shame the police refuse to show up. Now because of a negligent driver and police refusal, Greg’s sister is out of a car, will have insurance rate hikes, and will have to pay for the broken light pole.

A trained police officer can immediately tell who was at fault at the scene of an accident.
Wrong. How would a police officer know who was at fault? I agree the situation stinks but without witnesses or a dashcam, there’s no way to tell.

Wrong. How would a police officer know who was at fault? I agree the situation stinks but without witnesses or a dashcam, there’s no way to tell.
It’s very easy for a trained officer. I have several police officers in my family and in my circle of friends. They can do it like it’s nothing.

Back