Sisters Accord totaled

I am glad you sister is OK. I think in my state you have to pay the sity for the property damage like the pole being knocked down which can cot a fortune.. Does she have umbrella personal liability coverage? That is cheap enough. I have 1M for 132/year.
Not having insurance seems to be an accident magnet.

I am glad you sister is OK. I think in my state you have to pay the sity for the property damage like the pole being knocked down which can cot a fortune.. Does she have umbrella personal liability coverage? That is cheap enough. I have 1M for 132/year.
So glad she is unharmed. Older auto , not so sure. My son lucked out in a similar situation. He got lucky because the one who hit him admitted it and had the exact same insurance company. He got a check even though he only had the liability coverage. Now a days no one will admit the truth. We were actually shocked the lady admitted she was wrong.

I have heard of this umbrella personal coverage. How did you purchase? Thru auto insurance or a separate insurance company? Sure sounds like its a fair price for great coverage.

Comparative negligence and points of impact. This is where a dashcam removes doubt. Without independent witnesses its a he said she said situation.
If the red light runner has damage on the front of his car, and her car is damaged on the quarter panel, it's not rocket science to see who hit whom. Now if he is saying SHE ran the light, then it's a he said she said situation.

If the red light runner has damage on the front of his car, and her car is damaged on the quarter panel, it's not rocket science to see who hit whom. Now if he is saying SHE ran the light, then it's a he said she said situation.
All depends on the statements and the state law. You are speculating based on 1 picture and with out any witnesses you can infer certain things. That why there are insurance adjuster I am one of those and have been doing auro claims since 2007. So unless you are involved in the claim and have all the evidence your statement is speculative based on assumtions, if this claim where to go to litigation general assumtions go out the window. It's what can be proven, not assumed or speculated.

Orientation of the vehicles proves nothing with respect to the status of the lights.
No coverage because both parties said the light was green. No hard proof to say either way. It sucks!

Never heard of Hondas being referred to tin cans in that regard. They are some of the safest!

Good to know she's well . This action is more common and witnessed it a few days ago . When the light becomes GREEN I'll take a few seconds to look left and right to make sure no one is running the RED light . Hopefully , the person behind has patience . This helped avoid a few possible accidents .

Last edited:
That’s the problem you run into when the local police are too lazy and worthless to show up at the scene and do their job. Looking back,maybe your sister should’ve demanded an ambulance. Something to have someone with authoritative influence. Here if an ambulance is called, the police have to show up as well.

This REALLY pisses me off seeing the criminal who destroyed your sister’s car and the criminal who’s insuring them getting away with this.

If the police won’t show up to work a traffic accident and determine fault so justice can be served, why even bother having traffic laws?

Very very happy she's fine. All else is just figurative headaches and inconveniences compared to her health.

That’s the problem you run into when the local police are too lazy and worthless to show up at the scene and do their job. Looking back,maybe your sister should’ve demanded an ambulance. Something to have someone with authoritative influence. Here if an ambulance is called, the police have to show up as well.

This REALLY pisses me off seeing the criminal who destroyed your sister’s car and the criminal who’s insuring them getting away with this.

If the police won’t show up to work a traffic accident and determine fault so justice can be served, why even bother having traffic laws?
Done with your police rant? Where did Greg say the police didn't show up?

Dashcams aren't always a solution either.

I have live video of some heavy chick putting her trotter into one of my front brake ventilators and snapping it clean off. HD, clear, crystal video. Backed by store surveillance video. $800+ damages which in my state is a felony if you walk or drive off.

The police were absolutely useless. Too lazy to investigate. They claim since it happened on "Private Property" that there is nothing they can do.

Insurance on the other end shut me out by not at all wanting to fix damages under $1500.

Not so much an at fault situation as, "F*ck, lady, show some respect for what's not yours!"

Yeah, I still drive that SS with a "crooked grin" to this day. FML. 🙄

Last edited:
Huh? What's a trotter? What's a brake ventilator?
Trotter is another way of saying "pig's hoof".

In my case the brake ventilators are smaller grilles and ducts that direct an air stream back under the front facia of the vehicle to cool the rotors.
20211120_135010.jpg

Why would you demand an ambulance if no one was hurt ? all that will result in is another bill and tying up a rig that may actually be needed for a real emergency. This isnt like TV where a team of highly trained investigators will spend a hundred hours and many thousands of dollars reconstructing a property damage accident. Most of the police officers I knew were lucky if they had time to get a meal and use the bathroom in between running from call to call.

Why would you demand an ambulance if no one was hurt ? all that will result in is another bill and tying up a rig that may actually be needed for a real emergency. This isnt like TV where a team of highly trained investigators will spend a hundred hours and many thousands of dollars reconstructing a property damage accident. Most of the police officers I knew were lucky if they had time to get a meal and use the bathroom in between running from call to call.
That's their job. If they have a problem with it then they need to change careers. It's that very reason people like Greg's sister get f****d over by crooked insurance companies. Now she's out of a car and has to buy a new one because of some irresponsible dumbass that won't man up (or woman up) and admit fault to being a dumbass.

That's their job. If they have a problem with it then they need to change careers. It's that very reason people like Greg's sister get f****d over by crooked insurance companies. Now she's out of a car and has to buy a new one because of some irresponsible dumbass that won't man up (or woman up) and admit fault to being a dumbass.
What would you recommend the police do to determine fault in a crash like this one? It seems the variable in question is the status of the lights at the time each vehicle entered the intersection. In the absence of video and unbiased witnesses (someone other than the involved drivers), where should CSI start?

Also, if you think calls for service don't get triaged, you live in a fantasy world. If someone steals your garden gnome, your neighbourhood isn't getting canvassed for leads.

his isnt like TV where a team of highly trained investigators will spend a hundred hours and many thousands of dollars reconstructing a property damage accident.
^^^In Chicago, the police will only come out to accidents if there are injuries. Even then, it may take some time for them to arrive if they are busy. The people are supposed to exchange all the proper info on their own. Yeah, people seem to think it's like in the TV shows.

Back