Single or dual exhaust

My 06 mustang v6 has stock exhaust and it is just to quiet. So I want to make the exhaust sound better. Is there any real point between going to dual exhaust vs single and just getting a better muffler?

Originally Posted by ram_man
My 06 mustang v6 has stock exhaust and it is just to quiet. So I want to make the exhaust sound better. Is there any real point between going to dual exhaust vs single and just getting a better muffler?

I'd go with the Ford Racing V6 Dual Exhaust Kit. Not cheap, but there won't be any fitment problems. As I always say, you have to pay to play.

Originally Posted by MCompact

I'd go with the Ford Racing V6 Dual Exhaust Kit. Not cheap, but there won't be any fitment problems. As I always say, you have to pay to play.

Borla makes most of the Ford Performance exhaust components so you know the quality is high.

Originally Posted by MCompact

True.

And it might not sound terrible and improve performance.

Just slap a loud muffler on it and its going to sound like .... well like some one slapped a loud muffler on it.

A true dual exhaust or a simulated dual kit?

A true kit conversion would be illegal in my state, YMMV.

A true kit would entail another cat can, 02 sensor and more, and be very $$$$.

Rear bumper mods needed?

I wouldn't waste my money to make it loud, leave that sort of nonsense to the dingle ball gang. .

Originally Posted by Chris142
Any 6-cyl sounds like a sick tractor with duel exhaust or a louder muffler.

laugh.gif

I like the quiet exhaust, who is so desperate for extra attention? Loud pipes get tiresome very quickly when you live with it every. single. day. Also, your neighbors. Also, just about everyone else who doesn't like loud engine noises. Also, there are laws against exhaust that is too loud, for good reason. Stock OEM mufflers are typically pretty good... define "better muffler." Flamesuit on.

With a v6 the quieter the better. 4 cyls v6 and flat plane 8V are annoyingly ugly sounding.

Originally Posted by user52165

I know! You just typed that on a Proposition 65 keyboard.

Just watched some videos of 4.0L 'Stangs using a GT take-off muffler. Didn't sound bad / overly loud. Might be an economical option if you can weld.

The best thing that ever happened to my 1988 M6 was when the catalytic converter accidentally fell off in the garage one weekend. I replaced it with a Jet-Hot coated H-Pipe. The S38 inline six sounded glorious.

Originally Posted by Trav
leave that sort of nonsense to the dingle ball gang. .

Umm....nevermind.

Ramjam, might first want to hunt up a V6 Mustang with a loud exhaust and see what it sounds like. Do you just want it loud or do you want to like it too?

Originally Posted by Zaedock
Originally Posted by user52165

I know! You just typed that on a Proposition 65 keyboard.

LOL!!!!!

I call loud exhausts cop callers. They hear ya, they go looking, if they find you it gets expensive.

Single on a V6. I you just have to find a longer glass pack, without the restrictive louvered core. May have to mail order. Inner pipe formed from flat perforated steel, ceramic wool or stainless steel wool packed and welded.

Rod

Back