Simple Green wheel cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if anybody used/uses this. It doesn't seem to contain any harsh chemicals, and seems very easy to use. I usually bust my back trying to clean/detail my wheels, because I don't want to be using anything harsh on them...but this seems like a decent alternative. Is it any different than Simple Green Max (which is my usual choice)?
55.gif

I have not tried Simple Green wheel cleaner, but if you're looking for something that can be just sprayed on and than rinsed, then Orange Blast is pretty good.

I stopped using wheel cleaners, however, because car soap and a small brush is all that I need to clean the wheels.

Last edited:
Sorry, should have mentioned - SG wheel cleaner isn't exactly a spray and rinse product. You spay the stuff on, let it sit for a minute, then scrub/brush your wheel/tire to let loose any dirt before rinsing and repeat. It's supposedly rather effective as opposed to the traditional soap/water method and safer than the usual wheel cleaners.

I generally use 4 times the recommended strength of auto shampoo, but like I said, back pain prevents me from doing as good of a job as I used to. So I'm really looking for a product to make the process easier, without using strong chemicals in the process. I'll take a look at Orange Blast as well, thanks for the recommendation!
thumbsup2.gif

My experience with all of simple green's products is generally positive. regular simple green is also very good at cleaning up a load of microfiber towels and red shop rags in the washer...

I tested it in 2004. I recall it scored above average, but its availability skewed the ratings in its favor. In terms of product performance, it was about average.

Best retail wheel cleaner is Eagle One A2Z. It's a terrific all around wheel cleaner, a bit high pH, a little agitation helps with cleaning, rinses cleans and leaves the wheels bright and shiny.

Eagle One has a new wheel protectant on the market that is said to reduce disc brake dust build up, called Keep Clean. Dunno if its available in your part of the world but its everywhere at retail in the States.

Thanks for the input! I'll give it a try anyway, out of curiosity.

Bret, some Eagle One products are available...but I haven't really checked out their entire range. I'll have a look to see if their wheel cleaner is available.
thumbsup2.gif
Keep Clean sounds tempting as well. I've tried a similar product before (Prestone Wheel Cleaner), which was supposed to be a brake dust repellent too. It was good for the first week, but you just had to keep applying it.

When i clean the rims, once a month, I do a GREAT job, and then when i am done, i wax the rims, that way every few days, i just wash the car, and dry the rims, and the brake dust just rinses right off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back