simple green on rims?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys, i was going to use simple green to clean my rims with the tires on? has anyone ever had any bad or good experience with this? thanks for your time

I have used simple green on my rims and tires before. It will clean some of the dirt and grime but not all of it. It won't hurt anything to use simple green. You may want to get a dedicated tire and wheel cleaner instead.

It'll work but I recommend using it diluted. Mix it 50/50 with water in a spray bottle. Just rinse the wheel and tire, spray on evenly, use a soft brush or mitt on the wheels and a stiff brush on the tires to agitate, and rinse very thoroughly. Do one wheel and tire at a time and you'll be fine.

I've been using it for years, works better any dedicated wheel cleaner and much better value.

I used it on my tires and rims once and it turned my tires brown. But the rims were nice and clean.
grin.gif

I used to be a detailer, and we used SG for cleaning the tires. Worked real well, even full strength. I always use water and SG mixed at home, since I am now paying for my cleaning products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back