Looking to buy a steam cleaner / extractor, which one should I get?

So I have some time on my hand and will plan to deep clean the dirty interior of 3 cars and my home couch, tile grout, etc. I figure I might want to buy a steam cleaner or a Bissell Little Green ProHeat. I already have a cheap shopvac like device from Armor All, I figure I can use either that with a steam cleaner like Grobell or a Bissell Little Green ProHeat.

Around a budget of $150, which one should I get?

So I have some time on my hand and will plan to deep clean the dirty interior of 3 cars and my home couch, tile grout, etc. I figure I might want to buy a steam cleaner or a Bissell Little Green ProHeat. I already have a cheap shopvac like device from Armor All, I figure I can use either that with a steam cleaner like Grobell or a Bissell Little Green ProHeat.

Around a budget of $150, which one should I get?
I've gone through three Bissell spot vacuums over the past 15 yrs. Little Green Proheat, the larger SpotBot, and the current Little Green Proheat. They do a great job on spot cleaning carpets. I would not want to use them on furniture because they throw a lot of solution and they should be useless on grout. The only way I've been able to clean grout is with a stiff brush and a grout specific cleaner. You then need to seal it.

The only issues I've had with these Bissells that eventually the hose will loose flexibility and tear or the case will crack (Spotbot). I have a replacement hose on order now. Going to try to replace it myself.

I like the Bissell myself.
We have had several of the larger machines, as we also use it to do a full carpet clean.
I have used the attachment on the cars and upholstered furniture, and have been happy with the results.
The Bissell is useless on grout. However, as been mentioned, there are better options for that purpose.
The last one I bought (the full pro heat pet) carpet cleaner was $156.
Since we have carpet throughout most of the house, I've never seen the need to have the redundancy of having a little green machine.

THe Bissell Little Green's are great. Once the sample detergent is used up, I just use Oxiclean as the detergent.

Why buy a machine that you will use 1 maybe 2 times? Are you going into the car cleaning biz?

You can use it around your house also, like a spill on the carpet for example.

THe Bissell Little Green's are great. Once the sample detergent is used up, I just use Oxiclean as the detergent.

You can use it around your house also, like a spill on the carpet for example.
I hear you buy numerous family members bought those. Used them twice for example. Now they sit next to the other vacuum junk. Money wasted.

Can't you use a simple towel and a little soap to clean up your spills? You know how mom and grandma used to do it? Don't over think this cleaning task LOL.

Your best option is to rent a rug doctor from the grocery store plus their upholstery attachment. Not saying you'll get great results, but it will still be better than any Little Green Machine.

Also, for the cars, removing the seats from the vehicle makes the process much more effective.

I hear you buy numerous family members bought those. Used them twice for example. Now they sit next to the other vacuum junk. Money wasted.

Can't you use a simple towel and a little soap to clean up your spills? You know how mom and grandma used to do it? Don't over think this cleaning task LOL.
Only if you catch it early. But stains go deep into the carpet, which soap and a towel is just a surface treatment

I watch some of the detail videos on youtube. There is a big detailer who made his own extractor out of a home depot shop vac, and a kit from amazon. He says it extracts harder than many of the machines he owns.

Only thing is you don't get hot water extraction, as you are using hose water.

I have a bissel rug cleaner with an upholstery cleaner I sometimes use that but want something better for the future.

Back