Sig Sauer P320 will fire if dropped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CajunLariat
Anything is better than a Glock.

The guy who admits in another thread to owning a Hi-Point, talks down on Glocks.

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

My dad gave me a HI-POINT 9mm that he bought at a pawn shop. He goes to the big city to look for magazines and misc. gun parts at pawn shops. He paid $100 for it. It's ugly, has alot of FTF and FTE. I don't even shoot it anymore. It makes a great paper weight.

And you're bashing Glock?

You've got a lot to learn, kid...

You own anything beside that POS?

I see that in the material released for the P365 that Sig updated its drop testing. It dropped it from just about every angle and from 6 feet. That is smart and turned an embarrassing event regarding the P320 into a bit of a marketing ploy for the P365. Maybe we will see more stringent drop testing standards out of it all.

Originally Posted By: Al
Originally Posted By: billt460
It's almost comical, isn't it?

Yea, you almost can't make this stuff up.

Yes I'm waiting for some States to come out with drop tests for passenger cars.

Originally Posted By: Astro14
My dad gave me a HI-POINT 9mm that he bought at a pawn shop. He goes to the big city to look for magazines and misc. gun parts at pawn shops. He paid $100 for it. It's ugly, has alot of FTF and FTE. I don't even shoot it anymore. It makes a great paper weight.

And you're bashing Glock?

You've got a lot to learn, kid...

You own anything beside that POS?

I do like the g23 Gen 2 Glock pistol. My step brother has one. It almost looks like the new Glocks. Who likes the new Glock pistols? I think they look good. I would like to shoot one.

You've got a lot to learn, kid... You own anything beside that POS?

No matter how much you cannot afford a better gun. DO NOT own a Hi-Point. Give blood. Work the night shift. But NEVER own a Hi-Point!

Last edited by a moderator:

No matter how much you cannot afford a better gun. DO NOT own a Hi-Point. Give blood. Work the night shift. But NEVER own a Hi-Point!

Completely agree...an unreliable firearm is like a lifeboat that leaks, or a parachute that doesn't open all the time...

But, in the other thread, he stated that "I own a AR556, M&P 2.0 40 caliber, and a S&W 5906." So, points awarded for having a few good ones!

I hear they are coming out with Hi-Point carbine in 30-378 Weatherby.
smile.gif

One has to buy the best of breed whenever it is financially possible. Brand loyalty sometimes gets in the way of rational decisions.

Originally Posted By: bigj_16
Okay. So according to this article, the internals are different on the military/LE M17 as compared to the ones for sale on the civilian market. Why? Are they referring only to the new trigger mechanism?

http://www.guns.com/2017/12/12/sig-sauer-to-sell-limited-run-of-m17-pistols-on-civilian-market/

Good question. COTS designs that are hardened (not necessarily metallurgically, just a generic term) are a prime way to reduce cost. What was necessary to be done here would be interesting to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back