SIG - did I get a good deal ?

I'll admit, I'm bragging.... đŸ˜‚ Got lucky with this one !

1710048395307.jpeg

First raffle (and only) I did and won this. $100. Lightly used P229 Legion, with the original Sig carrying case and (3) magazines. Went to a local store with a range to try it out and they have these for sale new - $1449.

A friend of our son's was invited to a Facebook Messenger group ran by a shop that raffles sporting goods, so I asked him to invite me. They have multiple groups, such as "Boat parts, $100", which is where this one was posted. They post an item and wait for "X" of people to respond that they're "in". Once enough people respond, everyone has to pay $100, then your name is added to a virtual roulette wheel.

Great deal. Deal of a lifetime. Great gun, I do not like SIG, but that is a nice gun.
Same same.

I had both 226 and 229. For fit reasons mainly I never liked those guns, even a stock Glock feels better in my hand. Maybe all in my head, and I could hit a volleyball size target at 25 yards, but never a consistent concentrated pattern. 1911, G17, 19,20SF,22,34, Other Sigs, Sig365, all manner of 22LR, Spring 45ACP, various CZ's Ruger, etc.......I can make a decent geezer pattern within an inch or three. But 226/229, something goes on with my hand and finger trigger squeeze that would make a 4-6" pattern. It was NOT the gun per se, I would have others shoot it, range rats, and range owners.........nice tight pattern.

Sorry for my rant, enjoy your NICE gun. Coffee kicked in clock change.............

Same same.

I had both 226 and 229. For fit reasons mainly I never liked those guns, even a stock Glock feels better in my hand. Maybe all in my head, and I could hit a volleyball size target at 25 yards, but never a consistent concentrated pattern. 1911, G17, 19,20SF,22,34, Other Sigs, Sig365, all manner of 22LR, Spring 45ACP, various CZ's Ruger, etc.......I can make a decent geezer pattern within an inch or three. But 226/229, something goes on with my hand and finger trigger squeeze that would make a 4-6" pattern. It was NOT the gun per se, I would have others shoot it, range rats, and range owners.........nice tight pattern.

Sorry for my rant, enjoy your NICE gun. Coffee kicked in clock change.............
Classic SIG like the 220 and 226 family does not fit my hand well, and the placement of the decocker is not great. Slide is way high......durable, combat proven pistol.......they feel way bigger than they are. And I shoot a USP45 quite a bit.

With that being said, if I won one for a 100 bucks, I would own one for sure.

Congrats!!!
I've been lucky to win 3 guns so far in my lifetime with first and best being STI USPSA 9mm. I actually didn't keep any of them and sold them without firing a single round thru them.
Sig has large hand grip, even thin grip panels don't help much, also fairly high bore axis that magnifies recoil. They are very accurate but not easiest to shoot well fast.

It’s hard to tell in the pic, but if that is black finish, and not the standard legion grey, it’s the LEO-only edition. Hammer-fired Sigs are one of my favs. Congrats.

Very nice. I've got a couple of 80's/90's, a P226 in .38 Super and a P225 in 9mm. The good 225, not the current 225. Other whatever might come and go but those two will stay until part of my estate and grandsons receive them.

Back