Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle: Mercedes C250 2.5L V6
Manufacturer suggestion: 1 year/20,000km
Current: ~3 months/3500km

FF should be M1 0W-40
Should i change the oil?
What about filter change?

Because it has only 3 mo and 3,500 miles. Get your moneys worth out of the oil. If you want to change the oil just for changing it go ahead but it seems silly to use great oils and change them like they are low end oils. Just my opinion.

no. your car is only about 2170 miles.. no need to changed..

My 2006 toyota camry v6 is now over 7000 miles since my last oil changed.. I do mostly highway driving..

I like castrol brand. thats what I am using..

I believe castrol motor oil are even better on BMW or Mercedes..

dont change it everytime you change oil and put a new filter on the first time you start the engine it starts dry for a second or two...
And besides why would you want to waste good oil??? Waste not want not..

oh...
Forgot to metion: It is a brand-new car 2010!
1) i like to change oil
2) Could be imgination, but I always thinks FF should drain out early!

No need to change out FF (or the oil filter) early, my '00 E430 had the FF out after the FSS was passed by 5-600 miles, it has 1yr/12k miles OCI's with syn oil only.

Just to be sure to use synthetic only in your MB engine if you like to do 1year/20,000km OCI. If you have to use dino then cut the OCI's by half.

Their seems to be a lot of disagreement on whether a break-in change is required today. Even among manufacturers as Dodge Hemis usually turn on the OLM at around 2500 miles on the factory fill while other manufacturers OLM does not differentiate factory fill from normal service. A lot of imports have a 1000 mile service but they usually only check for leaks and dont change the oil.

I dropped the factory oil in my 2011 Mustang 5.0 which is a 416 bhp DOHC V8 at 1062.5 miles and ran it through a strainer followed by a fine white cloth. The only thing I got was a very small amount of very fine gray powder (From ring seating?) in the white cloth. Based on what I saw I doubt their would be any additional wear from going the full interval on the factory fill in that engine. I doubt MB uses substandard machining compared to Ford.

Given the rate you are putting on km I would likely just wait until 1 year and change. If you have a Fleece Filter I believe its only supposed to be serviced every other oil change. I would go ahead and service it on the first oil change and then every second change after that (assuming my memory is correct).

Check back with us in January. We will likely recommend you change the oil then. But for now, you are wasting perfectly good oil.

Changing out FF early is a little old school imo. Many manufacturers do not recommend changing FF early.

Take that oil change money and go buy your girlfriend/wife something nice instead.

Originally Posted By: Carzzz
oh...
Forgot to metion: It is a brand-new car 2010!
1) i like to change oil

I always liked to get the oil out of a new car early. Having said that none of the new cars I owned used a "special break in oil".

I always found whenever I asked a question with the phrase "Should I", I already had my mind made up. JMO

Is it really worth the chance for $30 worth of oil on a Mercedes not to error on the side of caution and change it sooner than later?

Originally Posted By: Gene K
I dropped the factory oil in my 2011 Mustang 5.0 which is a 416 bhp DOHC V8 at 1062.5 miles and ran it through a strainer followed by a fine white cloth. The only thing I got was a very small amount of very fine gray powder (From ring seating?) in the white cloth. Based on what I saw I doubt their would be any additional wear from going the full interval on the factory fill in that engine. I doubt MB uses substandard machining compared to Ford.

You didn't open the oil filter and look in there?

Originally Posted By: millerbl00
Is it really worth the chance for $30 worth of oil on a Mercedes not to error on the side of caution and change it sooner than later?

If there is a problem from the factory i.e. debris and foreign material in the engine, then no oil change will prevent damage because the engine was run and has over 3k km on it, so whatever damage that might've happened, already did.

Basically you have to trust manufacturing standards otherwise you could not buy anything unless it was made right in front of your eyes.

Last edited:
Changing out the FF early is a "feel good" move. If it makes you feel good, then do it.

But don't ask the question and then argue with the answers, that's a "dumb a$$" move. lol

Originally Posted By: hate2work

Changing out the FF early is a "feel good" move. If it makes you feel good, then do it.

But don't ask the question and then argue with the answers, that's a "dumb a$$" move. lol

+1 Like I said, usually if I ask the question I already have my mind made up. To the OP, change the oil and filter, you'll feel better.

There is little doubt that the ff will have higher metals due to break-in, why would you want to leave that in the engine for several thousand miles?

Originally Posted By: Carzzz

1) i like to change oil

Well, you already answered your own question. I don't think it's matter what we say, you're going to change the oil anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back