Shotshells in a Henry .22

We are in town too so I chose a good medium velocity 22 pellet rifle.Since then,it’s really racked up the body count and saved our winter hoop house harvest maxxim g2 10 shot It’s not as quiet as I wanted but no complaints from the bunny huggers

IMG_2182.jpeg

Last edited:
I love your Henry - a beautiful classic - but might a high powered air rifle be better for this purpose? By “protecting my bluebirds” are you shooting some varmint?
I think the guy is worried about stray projectiles going into the neighbors backyard......if I am understanding them correctly. 22 shotshell would be my choice if I were in a city limit and had this issue.

We are in town too so I chose a good medium velocity 22 pellet rifle.Since then,it’s really racked up the body count and saved our winter hoop house harvest maxxim g2 10 shot It’s not as quiet as I wanted but no complaints from the bunny huggers

View attachment 201267
bet the wife loves that

There are woods between me and my neighbors. I can barely see parts of their house through the timbers. About 500 yards away through the woods. Pellet gun would be fine. Shotshells work better as far as safety goes.

My model 60 from sportmart $69 back when people were normal,me included
IMG_2199.jpeg

I am still confused at bluebirds being harassed by other birds. Bluebirds are jerks to the other birds and hog all the birdseed. I want to get rid of several of them so the cardinals come around more. Wrens are awesome birds. Put up wren houses and they will leave other things alone.

I am still confused at bluebirds being harassed by other birds. Bluebirds are jerks to the other birds and hog all the birdseed. I want to get rid of several of them so the cardinals come around more. Wrens are awesome birds. Put up wren houses and they will leave other things alone.
Sounds like a Blue Jay …

Back