Shots Fired at Toys 'R' Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kingrob
So you're saying that if you're part of the crowd that brakes through the locked door, then it's ok to proceed even after you know you just helped kill someone? Mob mentality is no defense. If you were trying to protect yourself from injury you wouldn't be part of the "herd" to begin with.

Reread my post. I never say it is ok to proceed. I said it is impossible to see if you stepped onto something until you did. When you are squeezed by 300 other people around you, you have no control over where you move, it's call momentum.

There is no difference whether it is in a temple, in a riot, in a theater fire, or in a job fair. When a mass is trying to run into a tight bottleneck and someone fell, it is impossible for a couple individual at the choke point/bottleneck to stop and he/she cannot see that someone fell and stop until it is too late. The poor guy is not the only one who got stomp on, many other people fell but luckily didn't die.

The only things wrong about this is the concept of door buster and the way Walmart didn't put enough crowd control to prevent this from happening. It's almost like they want this to happen to encourage irrational shopping behavior in the store.

Have you ever been to a very crowded place? Not everywhere is rural like where you live. If you are so good about stopping why don't you try to push 300 people back when they are trying to push you down, or play tug of war with 300 people. If you can stand against them I will give you a gun so you can shoot those 300 people.

Quote:
There is no difference whether it is in a temple, in a riot, in a theater fire, or in a job fair.

Actually yes there is a difference. A theater fire is a much more plausible scenario for someone getting trampled over say, a ten dollar chinese built DVD player.

Quote:
When a mass is trying to run into a tight bottleneck and someone fell, it is impossible for a couple individual at the choke point/bottleneck to stop and he/she cannot see that someone fell and stop until it is too late.

And I ask yet again, WHY ON EARTH would you knowingly continue on through a broken down barricade? If you were part of that crowd, don't you think that you would have had the decency to separate yourself from the herd as soon as you saw signs that the mass of people around you were getting ready to bust through the front door of a freaking WAL-MART?!?!? Bottom line, you shouldn't have been in the bottleneck to begin with.

Quote:
Have you ever been to a very crowded place?

Nope. I've never set foot out of my mother's basement. I'm now 66 years old and have never been to a public place. Do more than five people congregate at one time outside of their homes?

Quote:
Not everywhere is rural like where you live.

Obviously you don't know where I live nor have you ever been here. It is not rural where I live in the least. On top of that, please tell me all the major US cities I've lived in in the past twenty years. Don't even bother naming the international cities I've resided in throughout my life. If you're suggesting that because NC is not NY then no one lives here or we don't have urban cities or crowds? Heck, we've even gots cable tee-vee and intro-nets now!

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
why don't you try to push 300 people back when they are trying to push you down, or play tug of war with 300 people. If you can stand against them I will give you a gun so you can shoot those 300 people.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would he shoot people that he can restrain?
54.gif

Where was Tiny? He could have stopped 300 mad gladiators!

Now I'm wondering about frail door greater. Did he wear a hockey player outfit on that day?

Originally Posted By: kingrob

And I ask yet again, WHY ON EARTH would you knowingly continue on through a broken down barricade? If you were part of that crowd, don't you think that you would have had the decency to separate yourself from the herd as soon as you saw signs that the mass of people around you were getting ready to bust through the front door of a freaking WAL-MART?!?!? Bottom line, you shouldn't have been in the bottleneck to begin with.

Because you can't see the barricade is broken down behind 299 other people so you charge forward, or because the 299 other people behind you pushes you through and you cannot stop.

Quote:
Obviously you don't know where I live nor have you ever been here. It is not rural where I live in the least. On top of that, please tell me all the major US cities I've lived in in the past twenty years. Don't even bother naming the international cities I've resided in throughout my life. If you're suggesting that because NC is not NY then no one lives here or we don't have urban cities or crowds? Heck, we've even gots cable tee-vee and intro-nets now!

I cannot say where you have lived or been to, but I can say where you have not lived or been to because you haven't heard much on the news (very frequent, BTW) that people were stomp to death due to mass panic or movement. Example: India, China, Hong Kong, Moscow, Tokyo (the subway), etc.

I hope I never find myself in such a mob scene. I saw video of a recent night club fire in which 100 people were killed. The crowd paniced and headed for the door they entered through. One wall of the club was glass , that a few chairs thrown through would have prevented the choke point at the door.

"I hope I never find myself in such a mob scene. I saw video of a recent night club fire in which 100 people were killed. The crowd paniced and headed for the door they entered through. One wall of the club was glass , that a few chairs thrown through would have prevented the choke point at the door."

I recall a documentary about a similar tragedy at a circus fire in the 40s, where one person saved a number of lives by cutting thru the tent wall with a knife. One would have thought that more than one of hundreds would have figured that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back