Shop Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes... But sometimes my local NAPA Store has it much cheaper, so I grab a case
smile.gif

Just so happens that my local NAPA is an independent affiliate and they stock non-NAPA stuff too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Originally Posted By: Red91
Oh lol, well that's what I meant. Broc, what's your shop oil?

Ah, OK now I get it - duh
laugh.gif

4 gallons of Chevron Delo 400 15W-30 SD for O/H motor break-in ...

Prolly 2 gallons of Delo400LE 15W-40 (left, need more)

2 Gallons of QS 10W-30 AD

2 gallons of 10W-30 Maxlife blend

Prolly 3 qts of Castrol 10W-60RS for the Harley

15 qts of Chevron Supreme 5W-30

6 qts Mobil 1 something W-30 (got free at re-use table at recycle event)

couple of qts of Motul 300V (running low) for non-Harley bike motors

Gallon of Quicksilver 2-stroke oil, ditto QS 2-stroke oil (outboards)

2 qts of Motul 810 2-stoke oil for the hop'd up chain saws
laugh.gif

Miscellaneous GTX 20W-50 and other odd balls ...

1 qt Full Bore 2-stroke oil still in the can from 1978 (for the injected Hodaka's
laugh.gif
)

5 gallons Delo100 40 for the old Jimmy driven gen set.

2 big jugs Rotella T6

3 qts Redline MTL for stick sifts

I'm prolly forgetting something ...

I'm amazed that you're even allowed to own a Detroit Diesel 2 cycle generator where you're at! Is yours a 2-71 or something else? As a Detroit Diesel guy myself I like your choice of DD specific oil!

Originally Posted By: andyd
Originally Posted By: car51
650 gallon tank of Safety Kleen "ECO POWER" 5w30 and 275gallon tank of ECO ULTRA 0w20
what vehicles do you use this in? Does Safety Kleen have any retail brands?

They sort of do up here. Our Walmart house brand (used to be called SuperTech like down south, now called TuneIt!) has always been Safety Kleen stuff.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3

I'm amazed that you're even allowed to own a Detroit Diesel 2 cycle generator where you're at! Is yours a 2-71 or something else? As a Detroit Diesel guy myself I like your choice of DD specific oil!

2-71 on a trailer with a PTI plate so that it never falls into "installed" equipment
laugh.gif

The ranch also has a water truck with a CAT 2-stroke diesel (sort of their copy of the 6-71). Korean War vintage engine and chassis, AutoCar cab, had a couple of tanks so far. Next one will be polymer
smile.gif

Last edited:
Here's my small stash.

Jug of M1 0W20 AFE.
Jug of M1 0W20 EP.
Jug of Maxlife 10W40
3 jugs of QSUD 5W30
2 jugs QSAD 5W30
12 quarts of Napa synthetic 5W30

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
"All climate" 10w-40; lol.

They are relics but it's kind of fun. I can just appreciate the art and having it sit in the garage.

Outdoor power equipment, occasional top offs with the Land Cruiser and the Datsun has a full fill of QS 10w40 and has for almost 4 years and 1800 miles now.

To be fair though, a modern 10w40 like the PHM that I have run in my FJ60 has seen -50F to 85F in the interior of AK. I'd say that encompasses "All Climate" pretty well.

Originally Posted By: jayg
Still using this stuff up in everything but the Prius. No problems at all.

001-46.jpg

WOW !!! That is absolutely fantastic !!
Such a great classic oil stash.

Do you have period correct 80's or 90's music playing in the background when changing your oil ?

Originally Posted By: mrdctaylor
Here's my small stash.

Jug of M1 0W20 AFE.
Jug of M1 0W20 EP.
Jug of Maxlife 10W40
3 jugs of QSUD 5W30
2 jugs QSAD 5W30

Nice stash!!

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Originally Posted By: mrdctaylor
Here's my small stash.

Jug of M1 0W20 AFE.
Jug of M1 0W20 EP.
Jug of Maxlife 10W40
3 jugs of QSUD 5W30
2 jugs QSAD 5W30

Nice stash!!

Thanks! I try to pick up oil when there is a good rebate or sale since there are 4 cars in the family.

Originally Posted By: SR5

WOW !!! That is absolutely fantastic !!
Such a great classic oil stash.

Do you have period correct 80's or 90's music playing in the background when changing your oil ?

Lots of the cans are from the 70's so a little Allman Brothers was playing when putting it in the Datsun last time. The 22 minute version of Whipping Post to be exact.

The 80s and early 90s bottles get used in lots of outdoor equipment. I don't have a modern stash because I'd rather it just sit on the store's shelf until I buy whatever's on sale at the time.

I remember those Datsun 240Z's from when I was a kid, I thought they were great looking cars then, and I still do now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back